Take a hike, literally - Jade Leech x Reader

Request: Hello! May I please request a one-shot with Jade and his f!s/o going on a hike together. And her introducing him to roasted marshmallows if they happen to camp out.

A/N: I've only actually been hiking once and I fell down twice. I've also been camping a total of 0.

Word Count: 731

Warnings: brief mention of poison, no beta,

Pairing: Jade Leech/Reader

Pronouns: She/Her

You rushed around your house trying to collect everything you needed.Your boots thumped loudly against the floor as you carried your sleeping bag down the stairs. Luckily Grimm was a very sound sleeper. You quickly stuffed it in the large backpack, you had already packed food and water.

Now you were in the kitchen, trying to find where you had put your flash lights. Maybe you should wake Grimm up, then again he probably wouldn't know either. Your thoughts were interrupted by the sound of your front door opening and a voice calling out: "Hello~Darling, are you ready yet?"

You instantly recognised the voice as belonging to your boyfriend, Jade. Quickly you responded, "J-just a minute!" You sorted through drawers and cupboards but came up empty handed again. He walked into the kitchen and saw you rummaging around in frustration. "Looking for something?" He asked, teasingly. You pulled your head out of the cupboard and glared at him, "I can't find my flashlight and I've looked everywhere." You complained.

"Is there anything else you need?" He asked.

"No, just the flashlights." You said, thinking about where else they could be. "I'll lend you mine." He said, a small sympathetic smile on his face. You sighed before accepting the fact that he wouldn't let it go if you refused. You walked into the living room and grabbed your backpack. You waited a few moments for Jade to enter before you both started your trek.

...

While you didn't work out everyday you thought you would at least be able to survive a simple hike. You were wrong. By the time you two got to the top (or a place with level ground) your lungs were burning on par with your leg muscles.

Though Jade could easily leave you in the dust, he tried his best to slow down for you. A lot of the time he was still walking a bit in front of you. Damn his long legs.

You sat down on the ground, trying to catch your breath. Jade was crouching down next to you while rubbing your back. You had made the right call in bringing two water bottles, as both of them were now empty.

You looked at the horizon, if you both started to walk back now you'd be less than halfway down by the time it was dark. You let out a sigh and got up, walking over to a place where you thought there would be the least amount of stones. You quickly got to work in setting up your campsite with the help of Jade.

While you were busy making the fire Jade looked over your shoulder in curiosity. "What is that for?" Of course he knew what a fire was, he simply wanted to hear you talk. Who knows maybe they worked differently in your world? "Oh, it's for cooking-" You said excitedly "- and light and warmth and-" He cut you off with a giggle. "Can we cook some of the mushrooms?" He asked, his pupils were slightly dilated. "Um, I guess." You were hesitant to eat any plants from the forest but trusted your boyfriend enough to know he wouldn't poison you.

Once the fire was lit you rushed to your backpack and took out all the stuff needed for smores.

You put a marshmallow on a stick as he eyed you curiously. "What are making?" You looked at him and raised your eyebrow, "Do you not know what s'mores are?" You asked, forgetting that there aren't fires underwater.

"I have eaten one, no." You honestly felt a bit bad for him. "Well," you explained, "you roast a marshmallow like so-" you made a point of waving the marshmallow around- "then you put it in between two gram crackers, and you're done." You finished your sentence by presenting him with the s'more. Hesitantly he took a bite out of it. His facial expression did not change much but he did say it tasted alright. "Normally you add a piece of chocolate but I didn't have space for it." You said disappointed as you took a bite of your own s'more. "Hmm. Well try that next time, won't we?" He asked with a closed eyed smile. "Yeah, next time." You responded hesitantly.

He suddenly stood up and clapped his hands together, "I'll go get the mushrooms now!" 

Oh right, the mushrooms.