Dark Clouds [two]

'The News'
  "Famous business tycoon Mr Steven Black, chairman of Black empire has been charged of embezzlement of five hundred million from company finance. With this Mr George Thomas a board member and relative have promise to investigate the matter,if Mr Steven Black is found guilty of the allegations,he would be sue to court. So far we wait on the investigations and till then,I am Maria Coal ."

It can't be true, my father is not a cheat or fraud. He's a honorable and decent man. He built the company from nothing,worked day and night to structure the company to what it is today. The man who could not accept little gifts from others,how could he cheat?,that too his own company of such amount.
  The alert buzz went once,stared at my phone to view messages popping in,one was from the company. The board was holding a meeting in discreet . I'd to be present,my father's name and reputation can't be demolish. One thing  I was certain of,I was not going to sit and watch his enemies succeed.

  Black Diamond,the company was name after my ancestors root. My great father's were diamond diggers,at such ages the democratic country and system of freedom wasn't in existence. The country had found it name but it freedom was seized by those that governed it. On their usual work hours,they found a black diamond,looked upon as worthless their masters gifted them the diamond.
   They did not trade the black diamond,instead it motivated them to move to a better life, away from slavery.
My father heard the stories as a young boy from his father and his father from his father. The skill of crafting was in the family.

  From the stories came to live the black diamond jewelry empire. From a side roads seller he grew to a company owner. Today the company shines top in the mist of it competitors.

   I entered the room of twenty five audience that stared at me, with each step took to my position which was next to my father's.
  Stabbed my eyes at the butt that feared no itched to stick on my father's chair. "My father hasn't gone and his seat is already taken" I said glaring at my so call uncle. Mr George Thomas cousin to my father. The grudge between the brothers was no secret,he felt my father was unfit to for the position he held and should step down and let others take charge by others he meant himself. Fact be told,I wouldn't be surprise if he's the brain behind the conspiracy but again he didn't possess such ability,he only knew how to run his wild mouth.
  "Your father is not here" the words came out in display of his new set if teeth. He had spent fortunes to grant himself those tooth,the first, second and third batch were not to his likes. Clearly he was unaware of the mockery sent at him by the workers,the teeth are so many and huge that they feel suffocated in his mouth.

  "He might not be here but he still owns the seat and position,so get up from his seat" I demanded ,glared at him with every inch of no fear or remorse. He stood and grabbed another,what he should have done in the first place. "That seat won't be his for long" he taunted with a cherry smirk.
"That's fine but till then he owns the seat and no overweight butt will mess it for him,not on my watch" I revoked back at his comment. My eyes sparkled in sight of his knuckles harden and fisted,his jaw swollen,for a minute I thought they were gonna explode.

Most children had or have that one uncle that they adored,well not in mine case. Before was different,he never was this man that I despise. I used to love him,the family was firm and together,under the same roof. His daughter and I were playmates,I remembered mom would bake us cookies and grab us lunches for school. I still don't know how things turned.
   First it was the division of the company shares,then moved with his family and stopped his daughter from talking to me. With the years the gap grew wilder and no one talked it out,we became trapped.

"The meeting is called to discuss about Steven Black embezzlement of the company's funds" lady Marv detailed out,her dark hair stood out. Her a woman in her fifties yet have not a spring of her own nor a family to go home to. Stories told that she was abused as a child which led her to despise men, another tell she was betrayed in her youth by the man she adored and resulted to her hate for commitment and trust issues,or said,the heaviness of her bank statement made her arrogant and refusal to stay subdued to any man.. So far only she knows her real story, others are just guesses and speculations of curious minds.

  "My father is loyal to this company, he has served for many years and have lead the company to many successes. He would never cheat the company he loves and valued. It must be a conspiracy against him"

"That doesn't defend his cheat, his years of services won't bail him off his crimes" another in blue suit said, it was probably best he hid his eyes behind those dark shades.

"Do you have an evidence to proof your father's innocence it is being conspired against?" My eyes faced the man with innocent face,we had exchanged conversations twice. He's a young heir to the Cummings family. If it was him he would rather be anywhere but the board room,his parents had compelled him to take responsibilities,he wanted a simple life.Guess it the payment of being born with sliver spoon.

"You claimed your father was conspired against,do tell by who?. Could it be that you're suspecting us"  Thomas George,he just won't shut the wild mouth. "I never said I was suspecting anyone of you, except you're already confessing then.."

He huffed and shrugged his shoulder,he sent heavy nasty looks at me but gave him no spotlight. "Child careful with your words, you're accusing the board of a whole to have conspired against your father". Before I could defend against his words,the members exchanged eyes and began group whispers,granting me little to say in my defense.
   "True I can't proof he was conspired against,but it doesn't make my claims baseless either. Nor am I accusing anyone,only the guilty mind would believe my words to be offensive" threw my glares at my uncle.

"Alice sweetheart I know you want to save your dad,so do we. That's why the board is investigating to proof his innocence" the familiar voice spoke in calm . My head directed at the last seat,it found it way to mis glamorous Lisa.
   No doubt she was outstanding and beautiful. Seven years ago,she lost her family to a tragic accident. Her father was fleeing from the cops when they met the accident, her inheritance was denied by her uncles but dad helped her. She was given what was hers and during the years she tried not to associate herself to he late father.

  I was about to open my mouth when the steps of feet alerted my ears. In approached, three giant men in dark suits made an entrance. In the hands of one was an envelope,this had my heart pounding hastily. The smirk on Thomas lips made things no better.

"Great , the investigation results are here."