A new beginning

A/N Her thoughts are written in italics

There she stood watching a new beginning unfold before her very own eyes. Her white-blonde hair was short and fell in a dead straight sheet from her parting. Her pale eyebrows arched delicately over beautiful green feline eyes which were rimmed with eyelashes so pale as to appear invisible. The deep blackness of her eyes gave no hint as to her thoughts. She touched her coat reaching in her pocket to find her phone,it was 4:30 p.m. She appeared to reach a decision and straightening her back she reached for the door knob pushing it slowly .The sound of the cracking wood filled the air as she gracefully slid inside. Her expression changed quickly hiding any trace of mystery and sensuality her face gave away a few seconds ago. She sighed as she put on her"mask".The show begins she thought as a brittle smile appeared on her lips. She was sure she looked like a goofy character from cartoons but will this be enough to throw off the great consultive detective?

"Hello ,sorry to disturb". She said sounding a tad scared while she was assessing the enviroment she was in. Dark long shadows circled her as no light was on am I truly alone? she asked herself ow well let's try again maybe I should sound more terrified this time."I am Katlyn Hunter" she mumbled " I am here for the vacant room in apartment 221B...Is there someone ?anyone?"she speaked in a strangled voice letting fear drip from her words.

A door flew open as a men came rushing down the stairs with a smug look on his face. He was tall and slim with short curly hair and deep blue eyes the descripcion matched this must be the infamous Sherlock Holmes.

"Yes ,yes now shut up we don't have enough time I am busy...shh" the man interrupted her as she was about to say something" I am Sherlock Holmes your flat mate from now on. Mrs Hudson,the landlady, is out and left me the tedious job of "showing you around". Now lets get this over with. First rule you don't touch my things and I don't touch yours , he glanced  evaluating her appearence before saying rushed "now come".

"OK" Katlyn muttered with her head down acting as shy as she could while following the man up the stairs.

"Ughh..so boring" Sherlock said turning his head studding the young girl from head to toe."Young girl probably 25 , 5'9 feet tall ,introverted no friends no opinion of her own, and judging by your clothes you cant afford too much...hm what brought you here? Let me guess a decease in your family,..ah yes your parents? no.... "he whispered for himself
"They died a long time ago when you were a kid ....an aunt maybe ? No,no, no, it was you're uncle the one who died , he took care of you when you were left alone . That explains the bags under your eyes and sleepless nights,you cared about him"

"You are right" she nodded looking amazed by his deducing skills oh my dear Sherlock you are really naive , I must say I expected more from you. To be able to deceive the dectective into thinking he had the uper hand is pretty easy she thought. Of course she spent weeks into building this new persona and to her credit it was almost perfect but she still felt disappointed that the detective fell so easy for it. "How did you do that ?" she asked,already knowing the truth.Duh no one can be that stupid to come unprepared for a job ,of course I already read your file ,and your brother's (impressive if I may add),and John's and pretty much evryones of importance.

"Ooo ..how cute and ignorant are normal people" Sherlock said bursting in laughter. O you have no idea do you? .
"You are from Denmark judging by your accent ,you left everything behind to run from your uncle's death ...how very sad he scoffed. Booooooring!! That's your room" he pointed to a wooden door "You may go now!".

"How rude! " She muttered loud enough for him to hear stepping away from Sherlock and heading to her new room.

She looked over her shoulder to watch Sherlock walk away ,he was brilliant ,a genius you might say, but no more than she herself was, she liked him it was going to be fun the thought only brought a derisory sneer to her lips and, instantly, transformed her into something intensely frightening her eyes seemed to shine with a blood red light before she grabbed the door handle. He was right she left her home to flee from her uncles death , but not because she was heartbroken or scared oh God no..... she left because she had bigger plans awaiting for her here.