"Hurts like heaven" 

 "lost in the sound"

My eyes widen slightly.

"Why would I care?" I say blankly, so I don't seem fazed.

Why would  I care? It's not like I'm close with him. I don't like him either, right. I don't care...No. I don't.

I blink out of my thoughts when Yeri continues,

"Oh, well, I just though you seem a little close with him," She says slightly smirking.

Yeri has always loved to stir up drama. She's constantly starting or playing into rumors, so I'm not too shocked that she's assuming things about Heeseung and I.

She is awfully pretty, but she doesn't have any brains when it comes to school related matters. My group of friends is relatively smart, so she resents some of us for that. 

In middle school, we had an argument about her causing drama with me due to my "all rounder qualities" when in reality, I have none. She's always been this way toward me, but she is still nice to me and we are able to be good friends.

I try to see the good within people, and she's just like others, she has her days.

She's currently trying to make me uncomfortable by the thought of her going out with Heeseung, and for some reason it's working.

I clear my throat, "No, I'm not close with him."

As if he'd been waiting for the perfect moment, Heeseung walks towards me, earning the attention of my entire table.

"Hisa, I need you to come with me," He says in a sort of...weird tone? 

It was as if he was trying to contain excitement, but wanted to come off as cool.

I'm sitting on the outside of my friends' circular booth table, he grabs my hand and pulls me out of the lunch room before I even get a word out.

I look down at our intertwined hands, up to a speed walking Heeseung, then back to my speechless friends, and back to Heeseung.

What just happened...? 

I mentally groan in annoyance.

Now those girls will think I lied! I really have no idea why nor where he is leading me!

We finally reach a staircase after some time, I feel the warmth leave my hand as he lets go.

Why did he have to let go?  I pout slightly, his hand was so warm! And in my defense, this school is absolutely freezing.

He exhales a deep breath that seemed like it'd been suppressed for quite some time.

I raise an eyebrow in question at him.

"Oh my god! I thought I'd die out there!" He begins ranting, pacing back and forth,

"You have no idea how much courage it took in me to approach you in front of all your friends! And oh my god. The way they stared at me!" He whines on the last part and stamps his foot in the ground like a child.

I hold in a laugh at his behavior, but then remember what just happened.

"Why did you want me, anyway?" 

"Oh! Yea! I just wanted company.." He smiles sheepishly rubbing his nape. 

He sits down on the staircase he led me to, and begins to unpack his lunch. He then looks up to me and pats the empty space across from himself.

I obey and sit down, watching him eat.

"Oh...I'm so sorry, I didn't think through the fact that I just made you leave your lunch behind," He says in realization, then scoots his food closer to me and hands me his chopsticks.

As he's getting another set of utensils for himself from his bag, I begin eating and he continues his sentence. 

"All I could think about was getting out of that lunch room and having all your friends eyes off me," He dramatically shutters.

I let out an airy chuckle.

"So! Tell me about your first day!" I say brightly.

"I have a couple of friends here now, well not really friends, but I might get closer to them in the future," I nod at his statement to show I'm engaged in this conversation.

"Can I...say you're my friend?" I look up at him when I hear this.

I nod and laugh,"Of course! Consider me your first friend!" I smile at him.

We ate and talked for the remainder of lunch, making plans to continue like this for as long as possible. 

In this hour, we've gotten much closer.

I think we'll be friends for quite some time. 

I smile at the thought, as Heeseung and I lock arms and stroll toward our next class.

This time, not minding the odd stares. 

A/N

QOTD: Do you remember your first k-pop cd album that you got?

my answer: mine was BTS' butter in July of 2021!

Stay healthy, drink water, and take care of yourself! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow!