Chapter 6

( a/n italicized words mean an inner monologue is happening, ex: hello.)

Hendery hated being separated from his brother. He often felt that they worked better together, especially when on the hunt to eradicate species that didn't belong in their world... that shouldn't exist. Even though he was more than capable of handling himself, on a night like tonight, he'd rather be with his brother.

Just thinking of her made Hendery's blood turn cold. She was special and deserved better cards that life dealt her. Just thinking of what was taken from him made Hendery uncontrollably shake with rage, so he could only imagine how Mark might be feeling.

The hunter wasn't stupid. Sure, his father only told them their mother passed away when they were young. But being a hunter, he knew the consequences of their family's actions. Which meant that one of those creatures killed her. Hence why he didn't care who he crossed paths with. None of them had the right to take the life of a human being. They were the demons, the foul beasts staining the earth. And hunters were here to cleanse it.

With that being said, Hendery needed to kill something. He needed the rush of feeling his blade cut through flesh and bone as he watched the life drain from the soulless eyes of the creatures that brought nothing, but anguish to humans.

It was because of this rush that Hendery decided to make his next victim a blood-sucking freak, a vampire. He knew the risk of venturing into vamp territory was risky, but he needed the rush. The challenge of a worthy kill. One that would quell his rising temper.

As Hendery ventured closer to the vampire kingdom, he began to notice a bright light that glowed faintly in the distance of the forest of despair. Hendery hated that name, he felt its name was given dramatically. The forest looked like any other forest, Hendery even though it was beautiful given its proximity to the evil race of supernaturals next door. There was no reason to even think "despair" when looking upon the lush evergreen of the forest.

But tonight, Hendery thought differently. He didn't get the usual awe feeling he encountered when roaming these woods. Instead, he felt something ominous for the first time. Something he knew that was inherently evil. It was because of this that Hendery changed coursed and moved deeper into the forest, away from the vampire kingdom.

"I don't like this, but something doesn't feel right..." he said to himself.

As Hendery neared the source of the faint bright light he began to feel on edge. Something was seriously wrong. As he banked a small hill in the forest, Hendery could see a male sitting in a small clearing about 40 yards from him. He watched as this man chant a language he never heard of and a green essence flowed from him into the earth of the forest. Hendery was about to get closer when he heard...

"You're far from home tonight Hendery..." Nearly jumping, Hendery quickly turned around, dagger in hand, as he came face to face with their family friend Leeteuk.

"Shit lee, you scared me. I was just checking out this lead I was following. You know me I like to track before going in for the kill". Hendery didn't know why, but he felt the need to lie to Leeteuk.

He was their friend who had known him and Mark their whole lives. He taught them everything they know now, and usually, Hendery felt he could always talk to him, but tonight something was off. He looked off.

"Is that so ?" Leeteuk smirked, taking a few steps toward the young male.

"Yeah..," Hendery chuckled nervously.

Leeteuk sighed, clearly not convinced, "you're a horrible liar Hendery, you always were. Why are you so far from your usual track route? And where is your brother?"