Chapter Twenty-Five: Agreement

Trace Knightley 

After that very moment, someone just knocked at the door and announced briefly about the subject. They see to it that Troy's order is followed and unflawed.

"Sir, the subject wants to see Agent Hellen." The guy demanded on behalf of Philip Fross.

Troy prompted the agent to wait for us in the lobby. Malalim na ang gabi at tanging ang liwanag ng gusaling ito ang nagsisilbing ilaw sa kapaligiran. 

"Whatever he wants, let me know." Troy reminded me before we proceed walking outside his room.

I nodded as a sign of agreement.

Pumasok kami sa lobby na sinisilip lang namin kanina sa labas ng bintana. Mas malawak ito kung titingnan sa loob, there is a small den on the other side of the wall wherein the subject, Philip Fross, is situated. May dalawang agents na nakabantay sa labas ng pintuan.

Umupo kami ng mahinahon ni Troy na katapat si Phillip, but he is still silent all along, he is just looking at my necklace.

"I thank you for saving my life," ang untad ni Philip kay Troy at inalis pansamantala ang kanyang mga mata sa akinng kwentas, "however, I should not be here long - - -" he implies us to let him go, " - - - especially when a Thorn agent is involved," Philip said and I could hear the fear in the way he said those words. I think he is afraid of Thorns.

"We are not imprisoning anyone we are trying to help." Ang saad ko.

"Help? - - - coming from a Thorn slave, I don't recall any puppet of Thorns helping us, they are only in greed." Philip is not convinced, pansin kong may lamat rin ang pangalan ng Thorns sa buhay nila.

"I think you've said far enough, she is no longer a Thorn agent, she is with us now, and she will never be one again." Troy stood with me and said it with his full superiority. "If you tell us everything, I may let you live." 

"That can't be, I am only a rover, I did not wrong you to cost anything of me, you don't kill an innocent old man." He reasoned.

"You have always been a rover in this hall and in the whole underground society, and yet the triad collapsed, now even killing rovers is no more illegal," Troy explained to the rover (a wanderer/ordinary who trespassed from the outside society).

Napayuko ang matanda sa sinabi ni Troy at marahang ipinagpatuloy ang kanyang hinaing. "Now what could you possibly want from me?" Ang tanong nito. Umalis na si Troy at pinaubaya sa akin ang pagkakataon na ito. As he left the room, the ambience remained the same, and so the fright in the orbs of Philip.

"It's about the child you raised six years ago, where is she?" - Me

"There is nothing I could tell you about my daughter, she was long gone." - Philip

"I was there on the hills after your sister was murdered. If you speak now, maybe both of you can still survive." - Me

Tiningnan niya ako at batid na pansin ko ang hindi niya pagsasabi ng buong katotohanan.

.

.

.

.

.

"How do I know that it's right to trust a hitman." - Philip

"When you have no choice to make, then it's time to hold the knife," I answered him. 

"His supremacy just threatened me a while ago, and now you for the second time, your nature frightens me." He referred to Troy (his supremacy). "There were others like you who had forced me into an agreement once, and it made my life worst, and here you are asking me to hold the knife when I had actually done it a long time ago." - He

"We're not forcing you to help, we are asking you to make your daughter safe." - Me

"Wherever my daughter is right now, is the only thing that I would call safe. I would never entrust my child to any assassin again." - Him

"But Mr. Fross, your life is in grave danger," - Me

"Am I not? I know his supremacy would not like to hear any of this, he'll probably kill me by dawn (referring to Troy)...but it matters not, I would rather die for Hellen. I would rather not see her in the hands of any legal criminals." He deeply exclaimed.

And there I realized there was no agreement done, he never stood like a rover after all...but a real father to Hellen. I walked out of the place seeing him doubtless. There is no move this time. He has decided.