I am yours

I re-entered the pub and scan for Harry's presence. I want to conclude our conversation so I can start my story with Daniel. Emily looks at me with a quizzical look. I decide to ignore her for the moment. I can always explain later. There is a lot of explaining to do, but for now, only finding closure with Harry matters.

"He's left." Marie's voice startles me. "He left not even two minutes after you disappeared."

"I've hurt him." I respond. "I didn't want to be this way..." I frown. I didn't want to end things with him this way. But then again it almost feels like a turbulent ending for a turbulent relationship.

"Daniel also left."

I hear for the first time the bitterness in her voice.

"And, I'm leaving too."

I raise an eyebrow at her comment and see the same facade that I saw before. And then it hits me. Marie thinks I chose Harry over Daniel.

"It's not what you think."

"I think nothing." she responds, looking away. "I don't care what you do."

"So, if I say to you that the only reason I left was to catch-up to Daniel you still don't care?"

Her eyes lift ever so slightly to me. "You went after Daniel?" She rubs her left arm and looks down again. "Und?" (And?)

"And the only reason he's not here right now is because I needed to bring some closure with Harry. That's why I'm here and Daniel is waiting outside in the rain."

Marie smirks. "Does this mean?"

I smile and nod. Marie engulfs me in a tight embrace. Something I've never expected of her.

She releases me and winks. "Well, the idiot is gone, so what are you waiting for? Get Daniel so we can do the karaoke!"

I giggle at her mention of karaoke and run back outside, where Daniel paces nervously.

"Hey, you." I scream. "You're going to get a cold!" I smile at him.

He smiles back and runs towards the pub. He reaches the door and holds my hands softly. "All sorted?" he asks timidly.

I shrug. "Honestly, I hope so. He didn't stick around, so it is what it is." I squeeze his hand. "But, for now, I don't care. I just want to spend the rest of my birthday with you."

"Then, let's go, Kleiner." Daniel opens the door and we both re-join the party inside where Gunther and Jonas are belting a rendition of 'We are the champions' and start beckoning Daniel to join them on stage. He laughs and shakes his head at first, but they keep screaming his name. Daniel gives me a soft kiss on the forehead and whispers, "I'm going to embarrass myself with those two."

Emily that is sitting across the bar observant of my every move, jumps the moment she sees Daniel's innocent display of affection and runs towards me faster than the speed of light.

"OH MY GOD!" she screams. "Is it really happening?"

I smile and nod.

"OH MY GOD!" she repeats in a delightful, although too loud, squeal.

"Shush!" I admonish her. "Not so loud!"

Emily covers her mouth. "Oh, is it a secret?"

I look around the room full of Daniel's friends but also people I work with, including Lukas and Markus.

"I'm not sure. I guess with you guys is okay but I have work people here too. I'm not sure what Daniel thinks or wants to do. We haven't really got around to discuss it."