Oscar Strikes Back pt 4

Your POV

Obbs commanded scientists to restrain my and Oscar's hands behind our backs. He then ordered other scientists to attach a mind control pin on our outer clothing. Everyone was silent so I tried breaking the tension with a joke.

"Hey Obbs, what is it with you and mind control? I mean, I must not be the only one seeing this, amirite?" I chuckled at my remark, but Obbs didn't seem to be amused.

"You know, it's funny. You're blaming me for the mess we made; when it was all your idea all along." Obbs smirked. It was like talking with a real, live, slimy, backstabbing snake.

Oscar then butted his head into the conversation. "Yeah, you know what's not funny? You're the one that blamed her in the first place!" His tone was the same when I first told him Obbs and I had a past.

"Oh, so we're playing the blame game now?" Obbs stood up from behind the desk and slowly walked to our side; the gadget in his hand. Oscar tried grabbing it. He held a grip on it for a couple seconds, but Obbs snatched it right back. "Well then, I blame myself for getting what I always wanted." He took an ominous pause before pressed the button.

"Power."

***

I shut my eyes, preparing for the worst.

But all I heard were angry noises coming out of Obbs mouth.

"What the- Why is this stupid thing not working???" Instead of controlling our minds, the gadget had caused a clown nose to appear on Obbs face.

In frustration, he banged the gadget with his hand.

He punched it with his fist.

But finally, he smashed it on the desk, causing it to break into a million pieces.

"Wait! NOOOOO!!!!" Obbs screamed. All the scientists broke out of their forced smiles, confused at what just happened. The scientists restraining us let go. Oscar chuckled and pushed up his glasses.

"Obbs, I may be socially awkward, say the weirdest things, and say 'what am I, crazy?' too much, but I know how gadgets work." Oscar held up a small part of the gadget that he had removed when he had a grip on it earlier. "Without this, the numbers don't add up. Instead of being a control-peoples-minds-inator, it's now a nose-changer-inator." At that moment he ripped the pin off of his lab coat, threw it on the ground, and smashed it with his foot. I did so as well.

"That's my boyfr-...THAT'S MY BOY!!!" Whoops. Did Oscar hear that? Nevermind. I got it over with and dialed Ms. O. "We're gonna need you to come over here, Ms. O. Someone has a confession to make." At that last bit, I glared at Obbs, who was sobbing on the ground like a big baby who didn't get his milk.

"You imbeciles," Obbs started. "Don't you know the power we could have if we worked together?!?"

"And why would we want to work with someone the likes of you?" I crossed my arms.

"We could've had everything, the three of us." Obbs continued.

Oscar butted in. "That wasn't exactly your intention two minutes ago." He had a stern look on his face.

***

Obbs was punished and stripped of his title of "President of the Scientists," meaning the job was open. Everyone knew who would be perfect for the job, and so did I. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for Oscar, but he would be a lot more busy, and I won't be able to hang out with him that often anymore. I like hanging out with Oscar. I like Oscar...and I should probably tell him before he leaves.

Oscar stands in front of the scientists academy, probably excited to be their president.

I walk up to him. "So. You finally trust Oona enough to leave and be the scientists' president?"