Chapter 5

Even though Donald was outnumbered, he was still the strongest person in Yeongdeungpo. All of his opponents, which were made up of some remnants of Manwol and some unaffiliated delinquents who wanted to overthrow the Union, came at him at the same time.

But Donald was no stranger to uneven numbers. He knew that amateurs like them had no real fighting strategy and would just wildly throw their fists and kick at him. Their patterns were predictable and Donald dodged while also landing his own hits.

Their lack of strategy wasn't their only weakness; the mashup of dollar store thugs were greedy, selfish, and prideful. They all wanted to be the one to land the finishing blow and bask in the limelight of defeat the Donald Na. They would shove each other out of their way and even attack them.

Donald was brutal. Usually he wouldn't need to get too serious with his opponents, but he was pissed off. He wasn't going to hold back at all in this fight. His enemies began falling like flies and those that were left either pitifully continued to try to beat him or they fled away in fear. 

Now, there was only one enemy left: the mastermind behind the whole attack. However, he was trembling in fear and backing away. "S-Stay back!"

When Donald noticed the guy's hand reach into his pocket, most likely to draw a weapon, Donald quickly lunged forward and knocked him to the ground and mercilessly began to beat him. He wasn't a normal delinquent; even though he had been showing his gentle side to Gray Yeon lately, he was still Donald Na, the King of Yeongdeungpo.

"Donald?" Kingsley's glasses were broken and although his vision was extremely blurry, he was able to recognize the familiar blobs of color that belonged to his best friend.

'Kingsley needs medical attention,' "Sorry I took so long," Donald carefully picked up his friend. "I'll take you to the hospital now,"

XXX

"Are you feeling better now?" Ben asked when Gray finished crying and had silently curled up.

Gray nodded. "Earlier today...at the hospital...I saw Stephen,"

'So that's why he had Donald call me here,' Ben thought. 'I guess he never told him about Stephen yet,'

"He was in a wheelchair," Gray told him. "He...he still had his memories. He recognized me...and he gave me his new number," He held up the piece of paper with Stephen's phone number.

"Do you want to call him?" 

The piece of paper crumpled up in Gray's balled fist. "I...I want to but..." He started crying again. "I don't deserve someone like him...All of his suffering was because of me!"

"No," Ben corrected him. "He didn't suffer because of you. He suffered because of the people who bullied him. They were the ones who hurt him, not you. Even if he did choose to protect you, it's not your fault,"

"Do you think..." Gray hesitated to ask the question. "Would Stephen be...disgusted by me?"

"Gray, by what you've told me about him, he isn't the type to think any less of you because of what you went through," Ben answered honestly. 

"I keep having these horrible thoughts that he'd hate me, blame me for what happened to him, and that he'd be disgusted that I was used like a..." He clawed at the part of his shirt covering his back. 

Whore. Slut.

"Everyone has thoughts we don't like from time to time," Ben said. "But what matters is understanding that they aren't true and that we shouldn't believe them. Gray, Stephen doesn't hate you. He gave you his number, didn't he?"

"Yeah,"

"That means he wants to stay in touch with you," Ben pointed out. "If he hated you and didn't want to see you again, he'd never have given you his phone number,"

"He...He doesn't know what happened to me yet..." Gray whispered. "What if...What if he really is disgusted by me?"

"You're not disgusting," Ben reassured him. "If he's a true friend, he'd understand that,"

"Okay..." Gray finally noticed his big brother wasn't in the room. "Where's Donald?"

"He left not long after I got here," Ben informed. "He seemed to be in a rush to leave,"

"What?" Gray unconsciously began scratching at his arms. 'Big brother knows that I'm not one hundred percent comfortable around Big Ben. He'd have stayed by my side the entire time Big Ben is here. So then why isn't he here?'

Gray's mind began to fill with negativity. 'Ben said that Donald was in a rush to leave. Why was Donald in a hurry to get out of his own house? Was he in a hurry to get away from me? He said I'm not a burden, but maybe he finally grew tired of me! Maybe...' His nails dug deeper into his skin. 'Maybe he's finally glad to ditch me onto someone else so he could finally rest,'

"Gray?"

"Ben..." Gray put on a fake smile. "I'm okay now...You can go," 'I don't want to burden you either. I know everyone's going to grow tired of me eventually,'

"I'll wait until Donald comes back," Ben sat down in the armchair. "I don't want to leave you by yourself right now," 'Even someone like me is able to see through that false smile,'

"I'm not alone," Gray claimed. "I have Jawbreaker,"

"I'm still staying here until Donald comes back," Ben wasn't going to change his decision anytime soon. "I'm sure he won't be gone long," 'He didn't want to leave Gray alone with me. He  saw something on his phone that pissed him off, but I also saw him look concerned at whatever he had seen before leaving,'

Poor Gray misunderstood why Donald left.