Summertime lovers

"Benny come on!!", y/n says grasping his sleeve as the three of them sprint to the sandlot. Yeah yeah rolls his eyes playfully at her antics to always be the fastest of the group. That reminded him of the time a kid named Scotty Smalls put a ball over the top of the fence. He was supposedly at a fancy boarding school during the year and so he wasn't present. His thoughts were interrupted when a gasp came from y/n "smalls?!"

The boy once horrible at baseball was back. He was slightly more grown up, but mostly the same.

They were already playing baseball and they had reminisced on when they beat Jordan and his team. It was tied. Y/n was catching, they need one more out to win and the score was tight 16-14. If they got one more good hit then they would catch up. Fortunately, Jordan decided to steal to second. Y/n caught that action and quickly as soon as she received the pitch she threw to second. Second base Bertram caught it and tagged him getting him out.

"You guys aren't ready for this swing", Smalls jokes. He hits the ball it going straight to y/n. She  dives to get the ball "got it!"

She catches it. "Out, loser!" She says throwing the ball back to Kenny for him to pitch. Yeah yeah high fives her as she was at center field. Their fingers interlock for a second and she blushes at him.

Benny sees that from right field, sighing. He had realized it was a small crush he had before; then a girl named Lucy came along. Besides that, ultimately he realized, that was Yeah Yeah's girl and the two just couldn't realize it in that moment.

It was five pm, time to go home. "Do it man", Benny says to yeah yeah as they watch her open a soda for Tommy. "She's gonna say no", he says.

Benny rolls his eyes. "It's y/n she'd never say no", he says and yeah yeah nods. That was true.

"Hey uhm...y/n do you wanna go to like...somewhere?", Yeah Yeah asks and y/n smiles. At this point they were walking to their houses. "Pf course!" Yeah yeah smiles and they walk in comfortable silence. He was realizing that Benny wasn't there instead, he looked to see him in the other direction with a girl.

A warm feeling filled his stomach. He thought Benny was sabotaging them, instead he was helping them.

"Bye yeah yeah", Y/n says kissing his check snapping him out of his daze. He almost died on the spot.

Y/n was running down the stairs as she saw yeah yeah. "Hi", she says. He stares at her. "Earth to yeah yeah?" She says taking his hand.

"You look gorgeous", he says and she smiles. "You do too!", she says but then realizes. "You mean..", yeah yeah mutters.

"Handsome", she says and he could have folded on the spot.

They ate at the diner that he first saw her. "Hey remember last summer when you said I sucked at baseball", she says and he rolls his eyes. "I was crazy then, and mad that a girl was better than me. Then I realized it doesn't matter what gender you were", he says looking down at her as he had grown taller recently. The moonlight lit her face perfectly.

The sound of their footsteps stopped as yeah yeah grabbed her hand intertwining their fingers. "Y/n, I like you a lot",  he says.

"Me too yeah yeah!", y/n says smiling at him. If you had told him at this time a year ago this was happening he would never believe it.

"No... a lot. In a boyfriend-girlfriend way", he says and she rolls her eyes "again! Me too", he couldn't stop himself. He was leaning in then..

You don't need the details.