Chapter 14

This chapter is an ALTERNATE ENDING.

It connects with Chapter 11. In this version, chapters 12 and 13 have not happened.

No real warnings for this chapter except canon-typical violence. :)
..................................................................................

"Let me go," says Katsuki, eyes level and serious. "Or I'll kill you."

Izuku takes a step backwards, towards the door. Katsuki steps forward.

"If you do that, you'll die down here," Izuku says. Another step - Katsuki follows.

"Better than being here for the rest of my life."

A bluff, Izuku knows. Katsuki had been happy here many times. He takes another step, and that's when Katsuki lunges. He knocks him over into the dining table, which is made of metal and bolted to the ground and therefore stands beneath their weight, but they quickly crash onto the ground beside it as they continue to tussle. Katsuki is like a wild animal. His fingers dig into Izuku's skin, his elbows and knees sharp points against Izuku's body. Izuku knows that if he gets too close, Katsuki will bite him.

Katsuki sits atop him and Izuku reaches up for his cord. Katsuki gets it first. It's long enough now that when he yanks on it...he can wrap it around Izuku's neck, and he does. The steel cuts into his throat and suddenly he cannot breathe. Atop him: Katsuki, hair stuck to his face with sweat, his bright eyes wide and fierce, all his teeth bared.

Suddenly Izuku is certain that Katsuki can and will kill him.

Will he?

He can.

He does.

Almost.

Katsuki gasps for breath as he clambers to his feet. On the ground, Deku lies stretched out beneath him, his face pale and his body limp and unmoving. He might be dead. Katsuki thinks he's just unconscious. Either way, he needs to move, as quickly as possible.

First he rips the ring off his finger. Throws it at Deku. It hits him in the chest, then rolls down the side of his body and lands on the floor with a tiny chink as it hits the concrete. "Fuck you," he hisses, although Deku cannot hear him, "Dumbass. As if I'd ever want to be married to you."

He takes the control for his collar clipped to Deku's belt. And the extra one on Deku's wrist that he'd tried to keep secret for the last several months, quietly pretending it's just a watch and not another part of the torture device designed to keep Katsuki under control... as though Katsuki is a fucking idiot.

The keys to detach the retractable line from his collar are not within reach. He knows Deku hangs them up on the other side of the bedroom door. He's heard them clinking as they nestle onto their hook there. Getting them may be a tiral, so Katsuki picks Deku up, depositing him on the bed before tearing a blanket into strips using his teeth and sheer force of desperation and adrenaline. This material he uses to tie Deku's hands and feet to the head and footboard respectively. It's not dissimilar from the short-bondage position he'd usually been in when Deku had been in a foul mood.

It feels weirdly satisfying, seeing his tormentor trussed up like that, little more than a useless lump of flesh laying there in the bed, completely unable to do anything to Katsuki. He's been divested of his power, these little switches that have allowed him to torment Katsuki for the last year.

And he's alive, that much is clear when he makes a little noise in response to being jostled.

Katsuki resists the urge to slap him across the face, but he does ball up a sock and cram it into Deku's mouth, tying another strip around his face to hold it in there.