"You are not alone"

Synopsis: Hunter just found out that he's a Grimwalker, and his entire life is a lie. He has nowhere to go, until someone offers him to stay for the night.

 ------------

"I can't... I can't go back!"

Despair. Sorrow. Betrayal. Anger. Sadness. Empty.

All this emotions and much more consumed me, after I found out the most disturbing discovery of my life: my uncle's true facade. My heart raced so fast, and at the same time, my body felt so numb.

Nothing makes sense anymore. My uncl- Belos is a lie.

I am a lie.

I have been his puppet all this time.

I can hear the Owl Lady calling for me, trying to calm me down, but I can barely hear her. There are a million voices in my head that just won't shut up. I'm trembling, terrified. This is worse than any of the panic attacks I've had before.

Looking at my hooded cloak with the golden triangle, the symbol of the Emperor's Coven, I no longer feel proud of myself for being the Golden Guard. Now, all I can feel is shame and pain.

I can't even describe how much it hurts, but how can I? I'm not even a real witch. I'm a thing. My sole existence is to be used like nothing.

I am nothing. I am no one. I have no one.

Without thinking twice, I take off that horrible cloak, throw it away and start running.

"Hunter!" I hear Luz saying my name, but I don't bother to look back. The adrenaline consumes my body, and I do nothing but run and run as fast as I can.

I need to hide. Somewhere, anywhere. Otherwise, he'll find me.

I want to scream, to cry, but it's all stuck in my throat.

I don't know what I'm doing. I'm so, so scared.

Suddenly, my legs start to give up on me, and my sight gets blurry.

No, I can't pass out. Not here. Not now.

Please, I... I can't... He can't... find me...

I don't... wanna... die... alone...

...

...

...

...

What smell is this? Is it... milk and honey?

I slowly open my eyes, and my head pounds like crazy. I inspect the place, and it's not a house I remember being into. I'm under a soft, warm blanket, on a very nice bed. I yawn, noticing the sweet smell once again. It's really good.

"Oh, you are finally awake! I thought I'd have to call someone from the healing coven to help."

"Huh?" My eyes direct to this person speaking to me, whom I didn't even notice was there in the first place.

He's a tall dark-skinned man, with bright green eyes and purple hair.

Or should I say, abomination hair.

"Darius?"

"Hey, kid." He sits close to me, offering me a mug. "Drink this. You're gonna feel better."

I look at him, still a bit confused. His expression is soft and worried. At first, I wondered how I ended up in his house, but I was too hungry to question that at the moment. I swallow it fast. It tasted so, so good. Right after the first gulp, my hunger begins to go away.