IV

Tw// throwing up
.
.
.
.
.
.

Eddie woke up to the sound of violent puking and groaning. Immediately hopping out of bed he went to the nearest bathroom and found Steve gripping the side of the toilet seat before bending back over as yet another wave of nausea hit him.

Eddie walked over to the boy and rubbed small circles on his back. "You need to leave. Right now." Steve said. He was tired, shaking, sweating, his ears were ringing, and he was hungry all at the same time. "No way am I leaving you here." Steve pushed Eddie off of him, slowly walking downstairs towards the kitchen. Eddie following right after.

The first thing he did was open the fridge and pop open a beer, drinking all of it in one swig. "Beer at 10 in the morning?" "Yeah and what of it" Steve snaps. "You know as someone who took care of your ass while you weren't able to and no one else wanted to, I don't appreciate the attitude. And I want you to know I'm not going fucking anywhere until I know you're okay."

And Eddie did just that. Steve hadn't been to school in 3 days, and Eddie stayed right there with him. Cooking and making sure the boy didn't drink himself drunk. Eddie thought he had a problem, but Steve insisted he was just stressed.

Steve on the other hand was very much enjoying Eddie's company, more than he'd like to admit. "You know you're not as bad as everyone says you are." Steve says smiling. Eddie lightly blushed at the compliment, he was glad Steve liked his company. Steve's phone pinged and he ran over over to open it, sighing as he locked it again.

"What's wrong?"  "It's just, Nancy hasn't texted or called me at all. She hasn't even visited to see if I was okay." Steve said frowning, leaning into Eddie's side. Eddie noticeably tensed at this but Steve didn't say anything.

All of a sudden the front door opened. "Steve? What's going on here." Steve jumped up so fast it made Eddie dizzy. "Uh it's- it's nothing dad." "Really? it didn't look like nothing. Actually you looked pretty comfortable cuddled up like that." Steve began to panick, "it's not like that I swear I was just-"

"I think it's time for him to go don't you think?" Steve paused and turned to Eddie. "You need to go Ed's." he whispered. Eddie was going to refuse, worried about what would happen if he left. But by the way Steve looked at him he knew not to make matters worse. So he grabbed his vest and left without a word.

Once he reached home, he tried calling Steve 4 times. But he never answered, Wayne noticed Eddie's worry and asked what was going on. Eddie simply brushed it off and said he had to write an essay for English but had writers block.

He went to his room and closed the door. Lying down on the bed, all these questions ran through his head. Is Steve okay? Why was his dad so angry? What had he done? I hope he calls me back." With these thoughts in mind, Eddie ended up drifting off. Eventually falling asleep, only to be waken up with a loud banging on the the door at 2 in the morning.