𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝

-Valerie-

I walk into the police station with everybody in a mess.
"What the hell is going on?" I ask Melanie.
"There was a murder last night, no leads at all!"
Well that's nothing new.
"I'm gonna run and get coffee before everything gets back to normal and everyone's running to get their own."

"Val, the director wants to see you." Daniel calls from the office doors.
"Mel, get me a coffee please!" I beg and she nods as we go separate ways.
When I enter the office I see Athena and the director standing on opposite sides of the room.

"As you probably already heard, a murder happened last night."
"I figured." I reply.
"I want you to lead the investigation. Athena will  be there as well as your right hand if anything happens."
"I like the sound of that. What was the murder?" I ask. "32 year old man. Gabriel Vazquez. Millionaire from managing some health company."

"Okay. Death and suspects?"
"Fell to death from 4 story window, impaled with window shards and strawberries on the body."
"Strawberries?" I ask confused.
"Yes. Strawberries." I look at Athena but she just shrugs her shoulders.
"As for suspects, we have none. When we got to the scene there was not a single scratch in the room except the broken window."

Weird.
"Alright. I guess let head over there now." I say to Athena. She nods and we go to my car.
When we reach the parking lot, Melanie pulls up in front of us.
"Here Val! Got one for you Athena cause I know you would've killed me for forgetting you."
We both thank Melanie and take the cups of coffee from the cup holder and head to the hotel.

*

When we arrived to the hotel, everything seemed almost normal.
Guests seemed to be doing their own thing as if a there isn't crime scene tape around the back.
Athena and I walk towards the tape, seeing glass shattered and blood stains painted on the concrete.
"Any news?" I ask the men searching.
"By the way the blood patterns are, he was definitely thrown or pushed. There's no way a man could've jumped that from a window."

I analyze the angle and blood and he was correct. The distance between the 2 are too far for a jump suicide.
"Have you talked to anyone?" I ask. "Just the assistant owner. He discussed with us about last night and what happened." "What about the real owner?" "We have not spoken yet."

Great.
"You guys keep searching and let me know if y'all find anything. Athena if you can please search around the place as well that would be wonderful." I say and they all nod to me.
When I reach the bar, the bartender seems to be ready to serve me, endlessly.
"Excuse me, sir." "How may help you, pretty lady?" You've got to be kidding me.
I show the bartender my badge and his face goes white.
"I'm looking for the owner of this hotel. Do you know where I can find him?"
"12th floor. His office will be the door on the left." "Thank you"

I enter the elevator and click the 12th floor.
The elevator ride was graceful, almost soothing. Which is weird for an elevator.
When I reach the 12th floor, there's only 2 doors. 1 large door on the left and 2 double large doors on the right.

I knock on the single door on the left but no answer.
I knock again with more strength.
Silence.
"What the fuck." I mutter under my breath.

"Can I help you?"
I jump and turn around to see a tall man standing behind me.

His muscular body is being trapped by the white button up and tie he wears, along with black pants while his hand holds a black jacket.
His eyes dark while his perfectly styled hair covers them a bit.

"Ma'am?" His low tone tugs me away from my thoughts.
"I'm sorry. I'm looking for the owner of the hotel." I respond.
His arms cross above his chest, fighting with his shirt to escape.
"May I ask why?" He leans down, trying to intimidate me.
I show my badge and he straightens his spine.

"Right this way." He digs into his pocket and pulls out a key that opens the door.
He pushes it open and guides me inside, him following behind.

"What can I help you with, officer?" The man asks as he circles around the desk.
"It's detective, actually." I corrected.
"Detective?.." "I'm sorry, detective Ortiz."
"Is that your first or last name? I'd rather know the first." He says with his head held high.
"Valerie." I see the corner of his lips slightly lift but quickly go back to his normal stance.

"So what can I do you Valerie?" He sat down in his chair behind the desk.
"I wanted to talk about the situation that happened last night." I took a seat in front of his desk.
"Is that all you wanted to talk about?" He leans forward.
"It is." I say with a smile and lean forward as well.
A chuckle from him leaves me a bit too intrigued to know what this man is thinking.

"I never got your name." I say and back into my chair.
"Alvarez." "Is that your first or last name? I would rather know the first." I say with a voice to imitate him.
He smiles and leans back. "Antonio."
"Antonio Alvarez." I say proud.
"Should we actually talk about what you're here for or are we going to talk about something else?" Antonio says, making me stiff and tense.

"Let's begin."

Thank you for reading today's chapter

I am actually having a lot of fun making this entire story and I have so many ideas I can't to show you all.

I also am posting sneaks peaks and small videos on tiktok so please make sure to follow to stay updated!
@ __rosiiee

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe my loves.
-Rosie <3.