8

Ja'Kai Anderson

Saturday, July 10, 2021- 1:46pm

"Everyone need to be ready we got less than 15 minutes. Skylar is coming in to go over some quick changes and the game plan when I come back be ready to go out the door" Couch said and Skylar walked in

She pulled in a board with her. "So we already know the starting 5 that's not changing but everyone will be playing today so don't be mad when you get subbed out"

Today is our first game and I am so nervous. I just glad I was able to get my lucky number 5. "Second team will need to be ready. Their is a lot of people out there so play hard as hell."

I smiled watching her. It was the excitement from the game and from our new developing friendship. "Kai" I turned over to see them staring at me

"Bro get you head in the game" Dylan said and I nodded. "We said that you are on second team now. You, Marquis and Dontae are so be fucking ready"

I nodded at him. Couch came in and we did a prayer before running out to do warm ups.

I saw Go run to us. "Y'all make us proud. My people ain't come out here for nothing." I nodded at him and looked where he was sitting. It was his family, Huncho family, my sister along with Zeus.

Once the game started I was sitting on the bench. I looked around and saw a lot of people here watching us play. Their was music, people recording the game and commentators, nothing like our high school games.

After about 3 minutes in the game couch yelled "second team in"

Me and Huncho jumped up and ran over. "You ready" I asked him

"Been ready" the score was 14-12 we are down.

The whistle blew and we went in the game. We had the ball.

I was already down court and Huncho had the ball. I was wide open so he passed me the ball and I shot the 3 and made it.

Throughout the game I was subbed  in and out but overall it was one hell of a game for me and Huncho. I had to 23 point 12 rebounds 4 assists 6 block and 1 steal. Huncho had 21 points 10 assists 1 rebound and 4 steals. We both had highlight plays this game which can take us far.

Our team won 93-89. "The game was good. Y'all did good but their are still a few things we need to work on during our next practice. For our rookies y'all did a hell of a job. I proud of y'all. We have practice on Monday from 2 to maybe 7. Our next 2 games are on Friday and Sunday so be ready. Bring it in" couch preached. We all got up and put our hand in. "Elites on me Elites on 3. 1 2 3"

"ELITES"

We changed our clothes and moved out of the locker room. Leah ran over to me and I picked her up. "That was cool when you slammed the ball in." She said and I laughed.

"Y'all played a hell of a game no lie. Y'all youngins can ball for real" Zeus said dapping us up.

"Congratulations y'all" Go and Huncho's parents said and we thanked them.

"Hey Kai" I turned to see Skylar behind us running over. "Y'all have Instagrams right. I need them so I can tag y'all in the highlight reel"

"Yea. Mine is @k5" I told her

"And mine is Head_huncho" she laughed at Huncho. " your nickname Huncho"

"Yea. Is there a problem sky zone" Huncho said and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Sky zone is funny" Leah said adding herself into the conversation

Skylar rolled her eyes "sure whatever. Kai call me when you get home" i nodded and she walked away

"Is that your girrrllllfrrriiieennddd" Leah said. " no Ja'Leah."

"You lying. I know cause you said my full name" she declared. " she not my girlfriend Leah I promise"

"Sure."

We went back home and i took a shower. Once I got out Ja'Mari was just walking in the door. "Where you been" I yelled from up stairs

"I was out" he yelled and once I put my clothes on I went downstairs. "you couldn't come to my game"

"I was going to but then I couldn't" he was all in his phone so I snatched it out his hand.

He jumped up at tried to grab it from me. But he's shorter than me. He only like 5'10. "Bro give me back my phone"

He was texting a girl. She was saying she is pregnant and it's his but she don't wanna keep it and he saying he gonna pay for the abortion but he think they should keep it.

He stopped trying to grab his phone and sat down in defeat. "Look I was gonna tell you but she decided she didn't wanna keep the baby. I can't change her mind so there's nothing to worry about"

"That's not the point but I had a good day today so I'm gonna save the lecture for tomorrow" I tossed him back his phone and went up stairs to grab mine.

I laid on the bed a grabbed my phone off the dresser. I had hundreds of notifications from ig. Once I clicked on it I saw I had gained a lot of followers. I just only had 1,000 and now I have like almost 5,000 and it was steadily growing.

I smiled to myself and called Skylar