Chapter 1

"Nobody tells you just how loud the sound of silence is. At that moment, I felt like I could hear everything and nothing at the same time."

But to get to that part we have to go back a little bit, 6 months to be exact. It was August 4th, the first day of school and I wasn't expecting this year to be any different than the last three.

RING! RING! RING! "Shut up!", I yell to my alarm clock as I smack it blindly with my right hand.

I turn over and throw my arm over my face in an attempt to fall asleep again.

"No ma'am. It's the first day of school and you are not going to be late", my mom says as I feel her walk over to the other side of the room.

A few seconds later I see sunlight begin pouring in my room.

"UGH! Mom!", I groan as I roll away from the window.

"Don't groan at me Eletta Mae Sherwood. Now, breakfast will be ready in an hour, I expect you to be showered, dressed, and ready by then.", my mom says before walking out of the room.

I sigh before swinging my legs over the side of the bed and slipping my cozy slippers onto my feet.

I walk into the bathroom and take a quick shower before blow drying my hair. After my hair is somewhat dry I walk to my closet and begin picking out my outfit for the day.

I smile at my outfit before lightly curling my long blond hair and then putting on my gold jewelry

"Eletta! Breakfast!", I hear my mom yell right on time.

I rush down the stairs taking two at a time before I finally reach the smell of bacon and pancakes coming from the kitchen.

"Morning dad", I say as I hug my dad on the way to get my food.

"Good morning my gorgeous daughter", my dad says with a happy smile.

"Now Eletta, I would like for you to show your little sister around the school today, and make sure she gets to her classes on time", my mom says as she hands me my plate.

"But mom! That's embarrassing!", I groan as I sit down.

"I don't want to hear another word of it, your her big sister", she says with finality in her voice.

I roll my eyes and begin eating before my phone buzzes in my pocket.

Dinah: you still coming to get us E
Ally: yea, my parents left hours ago
Eletta: you guys really need to get a car.
Tana: you know we love you letta
Perrie: yup and we'll see you at 7:00

I giggle but my laughter was cut short due to the fact that my little sister started bouncing into the kitchen.

"Someone's happy this morning", mom says as she hands Elliana her plate.

"I'm so excited to start high school. I'm gonna to join so many clubs, and make so many friends, I'm also thinking about joining the cheer team!"

That sentence made me choke on the air I was breathing and I started coughing out of control.

"Jeez sis, don't die on us.", my brother says walking into the kitchen laughing.

Ethan and I are twins, born on the same day is about all we have in common, he was held back in 6th grade so he's a junior this year, but him and I are still really close.

He grabs his plate and sits down next to me, but not before ruffling my hair like he does every morning.

"Ugh, Ethan", I say fixing my hair but not before exchanging a smile with my brother.

I check the time and notice it's 6:20. My eyes widen and I hurriedly put my dish in the sink.

"And where are you going in such a hurry", my mom says furrowing her eyebrows.

"I have to go pick up Dinah, Ally, Perrie, and Tana before 7", I say as I start to walk out of the kitchen.

"Not so fast, it sounds like you have room in the back for your sister, make sure she gets there", mom says walking out, leaving no room for discussion.

I groan and roll my eyes before running up the stairs to my room. I brush my teeth  and then grab my bag and my keys. I walk down the stairs and open the front door.

"Come on pip-squeak. I won't wait all day", I say before walking out to my 2022 bronco.

I hop in the drivers seat and turn on the ignition before putting on some music.

"Hop in the very back", I say to Elliana when pulls open the passenger seat door.

She groan and then climbs into my third row.

I then begin driving to pick up tana.