19.

" DOUBLE DATE "

" DOUBLE DATE "

"oh we're finally done," you stretched your arms as you and xiao walked down towards the gate where childe was waiting with his date.

she had agreed to go on a double date except the other pair wasn't really in a romantic relationship at the moment.

"hi sorry if we took long," you waved to the two who turned around. "finally goddam we were about to leave without you guys," childe frowned crossing his arms.

"well you should've if you were complaining that much," you scoffed. "yeah yeah do you wanna go to that restaurant I was talking about?" childe's expression completely changed as he turned to the girl beside him.

"yeah! that's okay with me if it's okay with you guys," she smiled turning to you two. xiao and you flinched at the sudden question before nodding agreeing it was alright even though you had no idea which one it even was.

xiao and you slowly looked over to each other making eye contact clearly having the same thoughts running through your heads.

how did he manage to pull her?

"alright let's go!" childe cheered leading the way with the girl beside him. xiao and you walked behind the two soon to be couple and smiled.

it seemed to be going good for now at least.

when you guys arrived at the restaurant that looked super fancy but you weren't suprised knowing it was childe. he was rich and well off so why wouldn't he use the chance to impress this girl?

"I'm sorry I didn't think the restaurant would close this early," childe scratched his head awkwardly. "It's okay we can go to the movies I heard there's a new movie and I'm pretty interested," she assured with a smile patting his shoulder.

"oh the movies is fine with me too," you raised your hand not against it. "same here," xiao also raised his hand not minding wherever they go.

"perfect!" she clapped her hands and you were really loving her kind personality. you started doubting everything. you weren't doubting her at all as people can have nice personalities.

you were doubting the fact that everything was going too smoothly besides the restaurant part. you had a gut feeling something bad was about to happen.

"is the movie theater going to be cold?" you asked with a sigh. "probably," xiao answered curious on why you were asking until he noticed the jacket you were wearing earlier had disappeared.

"what happened to your jacket?"

"lumine had left her jacket at home and she was getting cold so I lent it to her. I forgot to get it back though," you replied tilting your head thinking about how you were going to shiver.

"you can have mine," he slid off the sleeves and took it off handing it to you. your eyes widen before shaking your head pushing it away.

"no no I'll be okay," you waved your hand not wanting him to be cold. "It's alright I'm used to the cold," he insisted and put the jacket around your figure anyway.

"thank you," you smiled putting it on comfortably.

the girl beside childe hummed her eye slowly sliding to where xiao and you were. she just turned back and continued talking with childe.

she began to blush.

you guys arrived at the movie theater and thankfully this time it was open. "oh? is that xiao's jacket I see," childe pointed out teasing you.

"fuck off," you hit him in his side hardly with your elbow making him yelp in pain. ignoring his teasing and stares you guys continued on walking into the movie theater.

"I'll go get some food do you want anything y/n?" xiao went on ahead but stopped to ask you. "popcorn extra butter and some candy please," you replied.

he nodded and walked away to go get some, "I'll go get some snacks too! childe do you want anything?" the girl excitingly clapped her hands together.

"some popcorn thanks," childe answered and she gave him a happy nod before walking away going the same direction as xiao.

that left you and childe to get the tickets, "how do you feel about her so far?" you asked him as you guys stood in the line.

"she's alright but she has other intentions I just don't know what but it's definitely not to date me," childe replied which honestly suprised you.

you didn't expect that answer and that made you much curiouser. what were her intentions anyway?

"your just gonna let that happen? you deserve better," you frowned patting his back for comfort and he just chuckled awkwardly.

"thanks I get to spend time with you guys anyway so It's no big deal," he smiled pulling out his wallet and paying for the tickets.

childe was honestly a super sweet and funny person. you never saw him as anything romantic but he's a good person to date. he'd give you the world and you knew he would.

"we're back!" the girl's voice appeared from behind as soon as you guys were coming back from getting the tickets. xiao looked uncomfortable for some reason but seeing you his face lightly changed.

"woo thank you," you cheered at the scent of delicious popcorn running to xiao. you took the bag of popcorn from him while he had the sweets and soda.

"so what theater are we in?" she turned to childe who stared at the ticket and read the number outloud.

"three."

it was going great so far you guys were walking down your aisle making your way to your seats when suddenly the girl had slipped in front of xiao about to fall.

xiao had lent his free hand out catching her before she could fall on top of him. she quickly got up and pulled away from him before bowing to apologize several times.

"sorry! thank you for catching me," she lightly yelled tucking her lose hairstrands behind her ear before standing back up properly.

"it's nothing," he replied coldly as always what he did was nothing but a simple thing to do for people. you were behind xiao peeking over his shoulder and even though it was dark you could still see her face.

is she blushing?