1;

It had been a really pleasant evening at Uyuu restaurant. I'd met some of my friends there for a meal and drinks, one of which included Kazuha, who had drunk a little too much and passed out on the floor.

I was meant to be walking home with some of the others, but I decided it was better they stayed with him to make sure he was alright. I would've stayed too, but it was late, and I was exhausted.

Even though the sky was dark, the city streets were lit dimly by an array of street lamps.

I turned a corner and arrived at a couple of buildings separated by a narrow alley. It was a bit spooky, but it was a shortcut home. I'd walked down it dozens of times before without any issues, anyway.

Only this time, however, I wasn't the only one doing so.

About half way down the alleyway there stood a large shadowy figure lurking against the wall of one of the buildings, with a cigarette in his mouth. I stopped walking, not sure whether to keep going or turn back.

What was someone doing here smoking at this time of night? Ahh...it was a pain.

Not saying anything, I eventually decided to turn back and take the safer route instead, just in case.

The stranger watched me, taking the cigarette out of his mouth.

"Hey."

I halted, looking over my shoulder at him.

He stopped leaning against the wall and came closer towards me, discarding the cigarette on the ground and stamping on it to extinguish it.

"That's a pretty dress," He said, getting closer and closer until he was near enough to pinch the hem of the skirt between his fingers. "Looks expensive too...you must be pretty rich, huh?"

I glared at him the entire time, but he didn't seem to find me intimidating at all. He was older...maybe somewhere in his thirties; his face looked pretty weathered, and he had a sinister expression which filled me with unease.

"What's someone like you doing in a dark alley all by yourself?" He continued to ask me.

This was really uncomfortable.

"I'm just going home." I told him politely. "I'll be on my way now."

I tried to walk off, but he had a firm grip on my dress which prevented me from doing so.

"Hand over your bag and I'll consider letting you go." He said menacingly. "Or do I have to use force?"

Shit...what was I meant to do in this situation? I should've just stayed behind at the restaurant with the others.

"I don't think that's necessary, do you~?" A new voice said, coming from behind us.

Surprised at the fact there was somebody else around, I looked back, seeing a guy about my age standing at the end of the alley with a carefree look on his face.

The lighting wasn't great, but I could see that he had what seemed to be long burgundy hair, and was wearing a strange get-up with some sort of baton attached to a belt on his waist.

"...Huh...? Who are you...?" I asked hesitantly.

He walked over to us — his gaze never broke away from me as he did so.
"'Who am I?'" He smiled, putting his hand on my shoulder when he got close enough. "Your saviour, of course♡"

...Okay.
...This guy was arguably just as creepy as the first guy was.

I elbowed him in the side and distanced myself from the both of them, wanting to be as far from them as possible.