Faraway.

.....
The girl lied in the bed. what's her name?

MARI

The girl's name is Mari?

......

You woke up in your bed in the middle of the night. your stomach growled for food as you tried to fall back asleep. you hated the feeling of hunger, the darkness slowly shows a bit of light, you got up from the bed and tried to stand still. The house that is soon to be abandoned, no one lives here except for yourself. there's nothing to eat here, you heard the phone ring as you tumbled out of your room. You shut the door close, the sight of darkness is enough to scare you. You looked down the stairs that led to complete darkness, you shook and back away, shaking your head and walked back to your bed despite your hunger. you shut the door and sigh. you decided to ignore the phone ring and fall back asleep.

You woke up, once more. You felt more hungrier than the first time you woke up. You moved away your blanket and slowly walked to your door, moving the doorknob and then pushing it open. the dark wasn't that dark, you looked down at the comically long stairs that led to the first floor. you shook and slowly walked down the long stairs. Step by step...you feel something behind you...step by step...you refused to look back.....step by step....something was behind you.....

You always hated the dark, something stood ahead of you and came to taunt you. Your body shook, you couldn't breathe properly, you tried to take a deep breathe and calm down, but something was preventing you to calm down. you tried to focus, but something is preventing you to focus. you tried to persist, but something keeps preventing you from persisting. you didn't know what to do...you were afraid. but a voice reached out to you. "Calm your emotions.....it's not that bad as we may think..." The voice said, you felt a gentle tone in that voice. it felt like...it was trying to help you... "don't be afraid, it's going to be over soon." The voice reaches out to you again. you learned to Calm your emotions.

something perishes from existence, you were left on the floor scared but yet learned to calm down. you slowly got up from the ground and started asking yourself...who was that? who helped you? and why? you ask yourself these few questions before proceeding to look into the fridge for food. you see a watermelon in the fridge untouched. you ate it, your no longer hungry. You returned to your room, before shutting your eyes close you see a faint figure standing in front of you. you shook then turned around hoping it would go away. eventually, you fell asleep a lot more quicker than usual.

.....
7 days left.

You woke up to the sunlight greeting you, the rays of sunlight shined your bed, you got up and tumbled out of your bed to go downstairs. you picked up the phone ring that has been ringing since last night. "Hey Mari! Me and your mom are gonna be on vacation for a little longer! hope you don't mind being alone for a week or two! i promise papa will bring goodies when we're back! You should try going out for once you know Mari? it's been awhile since you were last outside ever since...well, anyways. Kel has been calling me for the past few weeks asking if you were okay. maybe you should go hang out with her, he always seems so down ever since you shut yourself in. That's all i need to say now, papa loves you! Bye Bye!" Beep. you put the phone down, then loud knocking came afterwards. you looked at the time. 8:30 am. who would be knocking at this time? you walked to the door, you tried to focus and hear what is the person trying to say to you. "Hey Mari? Are you there? It's me, Kel! Could you...you know...go out for once? It's been years since we last hanged out... i know i have been bugging you ever since but..please?" You stopped for a moment, theres 7 days left. maybe you should try to go out for once. you moved the doorknob and opened the door. the light greeted you with warmth, something looks at you with the big bright smile.