𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲

⋯~✯~⋯

⋯~✯~⋯

The group sat in Mike and Nancy Wheeler's basement where people never know what they are touching. Last night Lucas had quit the Hothead Jocks and joined the Vecna Chasing Club only to learn his ex-girlfriend, Max, had been cursed by Vecna. Celeste eyed Max as Steve, Dustin, and Lucas were looking over this Victor Creel guy Nancy had found. Celeste also was wondering when she was going to go out by this Vecna guy, they all know by now that he loves to go after people with bad history.

"Okay, be honest, uh... Do you guys understand any of this?" Steve grumbled and Celeste now focused her attention on the paper in her lap.

"No.." Lucas admitted, but Dustin disagreed with both of them "Pretty straightforward."

"Uh, straightforward, really?" Steve sassed and Celeste nodded her head agreeing with Dustin.

"Well, what's confusing to you?" Dustin asked, "So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him."

"Yeah, that's assuming he was cursed, Henderson, which we don't even know. How can Vecna have existed in the '50s? It doesn't make sense." Steve shot back trying to prove his point.

"As far as we know, Eleven didn't create the Upside Down. She opened a gate to it. The Upside Down has probably been around for thousands of years. Millions. I wouldn't be surprised if it predated the dinosaurs." Dustin explained further.

"Dinosaurs? What are we--" Steve shook his head,

"Okay, okay, okay, but if a gate didn't exist in the '50s, how did Vecna get through?" Lucas questioned, and Steve added on "Oh, and how's he getting through now?"

"And why now?"

"And why then? Just pops out in the '50s, kills one family, and he's like, ''Pff yeah, I'm good'' and poof, just disappears. Just.. gone? Only to return 30 years later and start killing some random teens? No, I don't but it." Steve rambles, "Straightforward my ass. You know honestly, Henderson, a little humility every now and then, it wouldn't hurt you." Dustin apologized.

Lucas and Dustin then started staring at Max, "Any idea what she's writing?" Lucas shrugged and Steve then turned to the ginger.

"Did she sleep?" Dustin asked once more.

"I mean, would you?" Lucas nudged Dustin.

"I didn't that's for sure.." Celeste muttered, then the door slammed open and two eager girls entered the basement.

"Okay, so.." Nancy said, panting, "We have a plan."