Chapter 6 ~ Balcony Scene

A/N Enjoy!

Nancy patiently waited. She bit her nails. She got up every second and checked the window. Nothing. Black. Dark. She sat back down and her mother barged in. "I was close with a girl once". Nancy coughed. "Mom please go away". Karen stood by the doorway. "If you are into her why can't you tell me?" Nancy rolled her eyes. "I'm not. She's just a friend". Karen looked at her daughter. "I don't want you sneaking out ever again". Nancy looked away. Karen left and Nancy relaxed. Until she heated a faint tapping. She looked up. Was it in her head? She walked to the window. She saw Robin throwing rocks. Robin noticed her and waved. Nancy opened the window. "You're gonna have to climb on to here". She pointed to the roof. Robin laughed. She proceeded to attempt to climb.

She made it to the window. "I feel like Steve". Nancy shook her head and laughed. "I can't actually come in". Nancy looked confused. The cold night air surrounded them both. "Why not?" Robin smirked. "I might of knocked your bins over on accident. Almost got caught". Nancy laughed. "I wanted to talk to you about the other day". Robin smile faded. "Oh-" Nancy smiled. "Yeah. I want to say sorry. I should've called and not intrude and argue with Vickie?" Robin smiled. "Yeah that's her name. And it's fine". The pair stared at each other. "Why didn't you tell me?" Nancy asked. Robin bit her lip.

"You scare me. I didn't want to tell you because I was scared that you would leave or I would scare you". Nancy smiled. "I would never". Robin smiled. "Thank you Nance". The pair laughed. "Question since when did I get a nickname?" Robin smirked. "What don't like Nance. It suits you". Nancy punched the girl. Robin slipped slightly. "Oh my god. Are you ok?" Nancy held right to the girl. She was laughing uncontrollably. "I'm fine don't worry". Nancy smiled and chuckled. "I think it's fair you get a nickname". Robin smirked. "Is that so?" Nancy nodded. "Well you call me Wheeler. So maybe Buckley is good. Or Rob. Bobin?" Robin laughed. "Bobin? Please call me Buckley or you know my actual name". The girls laughed. The laughter broke suddenly

"Nancy Wheeler you are in deep trouble". Karen stood looking up at the girls. "Hi Mrs Wheeler". Robin waved. Robin started to climb down and slipped. She fell off the roof. "Robin!" Nancy rushed away and sped through her house. She rushed out and watched as Robin cried in pain. "My arm". Nancy could see it was broken. "Mom call an ambulance". She did so. "It's ok. I'm here".

Nancy sat waiting for news. It had been 2 hours. It was 9pm. The night was full. "Nancy Wheeler? Robin is awake". Nancy stood up and walked into the room. Her arm was in a cast. "Hey". Robin smiled. "I just realised this but that was like Romeo and Juliet". Nancy laughed. Robin was off her head. "How so?" Nancy asked. "I climbed a roof to see you at a window. You know you are really pretty at night". Nancy laughed. "The pain killers are in my system". Nancy laughed. "I can tell". Robin stopped laughing for a second. Nancy became worried.

"I used to like you once". Nancy looked the girl with wide eyes. "In 1983. When Barb did too. She was obsessed with you. I hated it. I was jealous that she had the attention of a gorgeous girl". Nancy began feeling guilty. "Then she left and I felt awful. Because she abandoned me. And she knew I liked you. She would tell me everything and I told her everything and then bang she took off with the one person I said was awesome". Nancy teared up. "And then in 1985 Steve told me that he loved you at some point. So I lied and called you a priss because I was jealous again. It sucked because you had Jonathan". Nancy realised how cruel she was. "I spoke to you once in 1983. You and I talked for at least 5 minutes. And then July 4th you asked me who I was". Nancy hated herself. "But now you actually acknowledge my existence". Nancy smiled. "I'm tired". Robin said. "Ok so sleep". Robin looked at Nancy. "I'm glad you're here". She turned and fell asleep.

Nancy left the hospital and ran into Vickie outside. "Hey Nancy. How is Robin?" Nancy smiled. "Asleep she was on all sorts so she is resting now". Vickie smiled. "Thanks for taking care of her. She's talked about you so much. You two are good friends". Nancy felt a pain through her chest. Vickie said it plain and simple. Good friends. Yet here Nancy stood talking to her good friends girlfriend. Who just admitted to liking her for years. Robin had made Nancy's life a twisted mess. And she didn't want to let her go