16.

As now Gally took the lead, he locked Thomas, Teresa and me in a cell. Tom was still unconscious. His head was in my lap. At times I was afraid that he wouldn't wake up.

"Tom..." I whispered and ran my hand through his hair. "Wake up, please... " After a while Chuck, Newt and Minho came to the cell.

At first Chuck insisted on me and he would end up here with us, but I didn't let him and I miraculously persuaded Gally to stay with them.

After a few minutes, Thomas woke up, but at first his eyesight was absent.

"Hey... " I whispered and brunet looked at me. "Are you feeling better? You're okay? " I asked.

"What the hell were you thinking? " Chuck cut in on my words, and Thomas had to get up.

He looked around the cell and the others upstairs.

"What happened? " He asked confused.

"Gally has taken control. " Newt explained. "He said we had a choice. Either join him... Or get banished at sundow with you."

"And the others agreed to that? " Brunet asked.

"Gally Has everyone convinced that you're the reason all this has happened." Teresa replied.

"Well, he's been right so far..." Tom replied.

"What are you talking about? " Minho asked.

"This place it's not what we thought it was ... " Brunet began to explain.

"You remember? " I asked.

"Yes. " He looked at me and continued. "It's not a prison, it's a test. It all started when we were kids. They would give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing. Every month, one after the other, like clockwork."

"They were sending them up into the maze. "Newt said.

While Tom was explaining everything, my memories started to come back as well. Judging by Teresa's face, it was similar with her.

"Yeah, but not all of us. " Brunet said.

"What do you mean? " Newt asked.

Thomas looked at me. I nodded so boy finally told the truth.

"Guys, I'm one of them... The people who put you here, I worked with them. I watched you guys for years. The enitre time you have been here... I was on the other side of it." He glanced at me and Teresa. "So were girls too. "

"What? " Teresa asked with tears in her eyes.

"We did this to them..." I agreed with Thomas and wiped a tear from my cheek.

"No, that can't be true. " Girl whispered.

"It is. I saw it... " He said. "But it's not everything. "

"What do you mean? " I asked and looked at him.

"You said that you saw Teresa in your memories and that she seemed close to you. "He turned to me and then looked at girl. "You were right. You and Teresa are sisters. " Added, and Teresa and I exchanged glances. "That's why you're so similar to each other and hence all these feelings. "

"Twins? " Chuck asked with a slight smile.

"Almost. " Tom replied the same. "Teresa is a year older. "

"I already remember..." Girl said suddenly. "The day they took me..." She explained. "They wanted to take you back then, but you weren't the right age yet, and our mom wouldn't let you go. Although the parents never had much to say about it. Wicked just took selected people... "

"Wicked? " Minho asked.

"Wicked is good..." I said thoughtfully. "That's this – W.C.K.D. " I hid my face in my hands.

"Why would they send us uf if we were with them? " Teresa asked.

"It doesn't matter. " Thomas replied.

"He's right. " Newt suddenly interrupted. "It doesn't matter. Any of it." He said and looked at brunet. "Because the people we were before the maze don't even exist anymore. These Creators took care of that. But what does matter is who we are now, and what we do right now. You went into the maze and you found a way out. "

"Yeah, but if I hadn't, Alby would still be alive. " Tom replied sadly.

I wanted to say something, but I decided to keep quiet this time.

"Maybe..." Newt replied after a long moment. "But I know that if he were here, he would be telling you the exact same thing. Pick your ass up and finisz what you started. " He addressed these words directly to Thomas. "Because if we do nothing... Then that means Alby died for nothing, and I can't have that."

Thomas glanced at Teresa and me, then back to boys upstairs.

"Okay. " He replied after a long moment. "Okay, but we gotta get through Gally first."