Chapter 21

"Are you sure I can't talk you out of this?" Oliver asked Tommy for what had to be the hundredth time as they arrived at the SCPD precinct and as he arrived, Oliver had to give Cayden James some credit, since the new precinct they'd rebuilt after he'd blown up the old one was a lot nicer than it was now.

"For the last time Oliver, yes, I'm sure about this. I'm not going to feel like I've atoned for what I did until I do this." Tommy said and Oliver sighed.

"Okay then. Good luck buddy." Oliver said, since while he still thought this was a mistake, he knew better than most that every person had to seek redemption for their actions in their own way and if this was how Tommy felt he needed to get redemption, than Oliver knew he had to support his friend, even if he didn't agree with it.

"Thanks, I'll need it." Tommy said as he got out of Oliver's car and let his best friend drive away before heading into the precinct.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Frank Pike asked Tommy after he'd finished confessing.

"I said that my father is planning on destroying the Glades and kill hundreds of innocent people and I helped him do it." Tommy said.

"Why come clean now?" Frank asked, trying to wrap his head around all of this.

"Because I'm finally in control of my own mind again. I know it sounds crazy, but my father somehow managed to mind control me to make me his willing accomplice. It wasn't until recently that I finally broke free of his control." Tommy said.

"So, it sounds like you weren't in control of your own actions." Frank said.

"You believe me?" Tommy asked.

"Considering we live in a world where aliens exist and humans can run at the speed of sound, yes, I do. And while I'm still trying to wrap my head around all this, it is believable. But why would your father want to destroy the Glades?" Pike asked.

"Because the Glades is where my mother was killed and he doesn't just blame the person who shot her, he blames all the people in the Glades for not helping her." Tommy said.

"That son of a bitch. However, it sounds like you're not to blame for any of the things he made you do." Frank said.

"What?" Tommy asked.

"You were forced to commit several crimes, including murder, against your own free will. As long as you agree to comply with our investigation and provide as much information about your father's plans as possible, I think we should be able to get you a deal for your freedom." Pike said and Tommy nodded, though that didn't make him feel any better.

"You should order an immediate evacuation of the Glades now, since while my father wasn't planning on executing his plan for a couple more weeks, I have a feeling that once he gets word that I've turned on him, he might try and pull off his plan." Tommy advised and Frank nodded in agreement.

"I'll issue an evacuation order for the Glades right now while we get you into protective custody." Pike said and Tommy nodded, neither of them aware that their entire conversation was being listened in on.

"Guess it's a good thing I came back when I did." Sara said as she, Oliver, Laurel, John, Rene and Alena all stood in the bunker, listening in to Tommy's interrogation.

"How do you wanna handle this hoss?" Rene asked.

"We make sure that Malcolm never gets the chance to hit the switch and also save as many lives as we can, since this time, we have an advantage of a full team instead of just me." Oliver said.

"What's the play?" John asked.

"John, I want you and Sara to flank Tommy's protection detail, make sure that none of Malcolm's League rejects can get close to him, since you two are the most experienced fighters for this sort of thing. Laurel, Rene, I want you two on the ground in the Glades, doing whatever you can to help with the evacuation, since there's bound to be chaos and people who will likely try to take advantage of it." Oliver said.

"While you deal with Merlyn." Laurel said.

"This isn't gonna be like last time." Oliver promised her.

"Yeah, this time you're Ra's al Ghul and kick Merlyn's ass with ease." Sara agreed.

"I know, but still." Laurel said.

"I'm the only one who stands a chance. Your dad is still here on Jasmine duty, so we can go save the city." Oliver said and the whole team nodded.

"I'll direct everyone on comms." Alena said.

"That goes without saying." Rene said as they went to suit up.

"What's going on?" Malcolm demanded to Athena when she entered his office.

"The SCPD has ordered an immediate evacuation of the Glades." Athena said.

"What?" Malcolm demanded.

"And it gets worse. According to our man on the inside, your son has betrayed us. Apparently sending him to Ivy town somehow broke your control over him." Athena said.

"Deal with him. You will personally take your best men to remind him what happens to traitors. Send the rest of the Guild to try and delay the evacuation, take as many lives as possible while the machine is put into place. Once it is, I will issue a recall order to get our forces out before detonation." Malcolm said.

"And what about you? You know they will come for you?" Athena asked and Malcolm chuckled.

"Let them try. It'll be their funerals." Malcolm said with a grin, having no idea that there was someone in the city who could stop him. But he would find out soon enough.