Ch. 14-Yule and the Philosopher's Stone

*IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE* J.K. Rowling owns Harry Potter and the potion riddle.

1. Warning!! There will be mentions of religious beliefs right off the bat of this chapter! I hope that because we are from all over the world and because of the support I've seen, that everyone will be respectful of all types of religious or non religious beliefs whether Christian, Atheist, part of the countless other religions in this world, still figuring it out, or somewhere in between. Our beliefs, culture, skin tone, gender, who we love, ethnicity, dreams, etc. are part of who we are. They make us one of kind; unique. If I read any type of disrespectful or hurtful comments, I will not hesitate to report you. 

2. On a lighter note, I'm sorry once again for the chapters mix up. If any of my old readers have found this book again, then you have prevented my biggest nightmare from coming true. Please comment. It's all I ever wish when I write these chapters. Also, let me know if I've missed any of Harry's titles or said the line of succession wrong. By the way, when I say 2nd or 3rd in line, I mean that Harry is still the heir. There's just an older generation ahead of him. Like Ravenclaw, Harry's grandmother is the current lady. Lilly is in line before him therefore making him second in line. I hope this clears up any confusion. 

3. I am planning on there being two more chapters to wrap up first year as the second semester will not be as eventful. You should know that my plans for the summer and September 1st, well I'm looking forward to writing them. Let me know if you want to see anything for the rest of first year no matter the scenario, and I will see if I can make it happen. 

4. As always, comment and vote! 

   If Harry is being honest with himself, Yule is the only holiday he intends to celebrate at school. Samhain used to consist of a celebration of their identity as magical beings and providing thanks to Lady Magic and Hecate for their gifts. Instead, Samhain has transformed into Halloween the muggle way, and their culture is slowly being forgotten. Plus, why would Harry want to celebrate and feast on the day he becomes The-Boy-Who-Lived? Valentine's Day seems silly to the first year, but perhaps, in a few years he will come to appreciate it. Don't even get Harry started on his birthday. Not only is it in the summer, but other than his first birthday, there has never been any celebration or cake. His eleventh birthday, minus the letter from Hogwarts, had consisted of a pair of rolled up stockings that once belonged to Dudley surprisingly clean, a whack from Dudley's Smelting stick, a piece of moldy old bread that Dudley had joked was the closest thing he would get to a cake, a slightly smaller chore list from Petunia, and a rant of how grateful Harry should be that they took him in from Vernon. At least the Dursleys remember his birthday, despite it being so terrible. Unlike certain Weasleys who have previously forgotten Percy's birthday before due to the hum of their busy lives. Like that's a valid excuse.

   Easter, on the other hand, is only celebrated by Christian muggle-borns, and half-bloods and purebloods with a mix of Christian and magical beliefs. Many other holidays from other religions have been celebrated as well, but Harry knows it is wrong to intrude. Not sure what he identifies as, the first year settles for respecting everyone's religious beliefs as he feels is the right thing to do, and if others feel comfortable sharing, Harry would kindly inquire about their religion and/or beliefs. Through this Harry finds that Aaliyah is a believer of the Wizarding religion honoring Lady Magic and Hecate. Helena, on the other hand, follows the Druid's beliefs to a certain point, Hermione considers herself an Atheist, and Neville shares the mix of Christian and Wizarding religions.

  Yule, like all other magical holidays, has been changed to fit that of the muggle standards by Albus Dumbledore in order to make the Muggle-Borns more comfortable in the wizarding world. Sharing his opinions with his friends, Harry has found that many support his thinkings. If the muggle-borns want to celebrate their holidays, who are they to stop them? That doesn't mean the wizarding world should be forced to give up their traditions, beliefs, and holidays, especially since it is their world the Muggle-Borns are coming into. Like mentioned before, many of the half-bloods try to celebrate a mix of both muggle and magical culture, and a lot of pure bloods and half-bloods have a mix of religious or non-religious beliefs. Why can't they?