01 - Devil Doesn't Bargain

"i don't mean to meddle, but the devil doesn't settle,
no, the devil doesn't bargain."

the smell of sweat, booze, and freshly opened packs of cards caught my attention. i jolted up in a panic.*what? where the fuck am i?*

the concrete floor was comfortable, but cold. too cold. like my ex-boyfriend's heart cold. plus, it's winter, so i'm not in the mood to be shivering.

"oh look who's awake!" yelled a man out from the back of some tarp covering machines. casino machines, to be specific.

"where am i? and who are you?" i called out into the darkness, hoping for some light. hopeless. no lights turned on.

"sweetheart, do you not remember?" called the man.

"uh, no, that's why i'm asking you, the fuck? why would i ask you if i knew where i was?" i yelled out in annoyance. *fucking idiots.. god.*

"no need to be bratty, bitch. damn." said the man.

"who are you calling bitch? you're the one hiding in the shadows!"

"says the one that has no idea where they're at."

*shit. he's right on one thing.*

"listen." the voice that was once far away was now right behind me. i turned around quickly, hands balled up in fists, and faced the guy that took me here.

oh... my god..?

"i thought you'd be more attractive." i blurted out, trying to hide the fact i'm scared shitless of this man.

"haha.. very funny. listen, i'm only here to take care of you. watch over you while the boss does... you don't need to know. i'm quackity." the man i can now call "quackity" was... something else.

if you truly needed to know, yes, he's attractive. a smile that can blind women on the streets, eyes that only glimmered in the flashlight he held, and hair that looked very soft, but it was hidden behind a LAPD beanie. he's uh... he's okay. i guess. *don't lie to yourself, y/n.* okay fine, inner me, he's cute. really cute.

"what kind of name is- i'm not even going to ask." i scoffed and turned around and started walking.

"you're not going to get anywhere, y/n." quackity said.

"i'm not going to question the fact you know my name."

"blood type o+, height 5'6, shoe size 8, favorite colors grey, orphan, dated some guy named dalton for 2 years just for him to cheat on you, prefers gold over silver jewelry, wan-"

"OKAY DAMN. freak..." i cut him off quickly. i did not want to hear anymore information. god forbid he started mentioning the size of my- ew. ew ew ew.

"if you ever need me to go on, i can!" he flashed a smile while speed walking over towards my direction.

"don't follow me unless you're going to help me out, thanks." i rolled my eyes and kept walking. he followed behind like a lost puppy.

"y/n.. can we stop? please? you're not getting anywhere."

"quackity, you are so fucking annoying. leave me alone? let me find the door."

"y/n. you're going the wr-"

"QUACKITY. i'm not in the mood. stop pestering me."

in a flash, quackity grabs me from behind and covers my mouth.

"don't try me. i'm trying to help. keep being a brat and see where that gets you. now, will you listen, or continue pushing my buttons?" quackity sternly said. i nodded softly. he let me go and i took a breath.

"i don't want to be here either. boss is... weird. he's crazed. so is his husband. they're both crazy. and i need to get out of here just as much as you." he said, looking down. his hair shined in the flashlight's light to show a blackish color. *i wonder what color hair our kids would ha-*

"i've been here too long, and you've been here longer than you should have been. i'm sorry.. i was part of the group that... kidnapped you. i guess. i feel terrible, y/n. truly, i do." he said softly.

"so you... kidnapped me, left me here to freeze when it's like December, temperature is probably in the negatives, left me in a dark room with no food, water, or shelter, and then expect me to just.. forgive you?" i was about to burst. he can't be serious.

"y/n, you have to believe me, it wasn't my call, it was the bosses' plan. i'm sorry."

"okay. i don't forgive you." i got up and went on my merry way, trying to find the door he used to get in. i'm not getting help from someone that kidnapped me, the fuck?

"you don't understand, y/n come on! he's like the devil!" quackity yelled out, scrambling to run after me.

*well so am i. and the devil doesn't bargain.*

for my pc users, u can use this link to change y/n to your name.
it makes the fic more interactive;
https://jackrrabbit.tumblr.com/post/612606234902790144