Money Maya

I was patiently sitting at my desk watching the clock I had about thirty more minutes left on the clock and was beyond ready to go I loved my job don't get me wrong, but these types of people made me regret coming in daily I thought as I began to pack my things ready to leave the office for the day.

As I prepared myself to leave, I heard a knock on the door rolling my eyes I yelled for whoever was on the other side to come in when the door swung open, I had to catch my breath in walked my boss Mark but that wasn't the reason I suddenly couldn't breathe behind him was this tall light skinned man who flashed a smile as he made himself comfortable in my office.

Breaking me from my thoughts when he spoke mike begin by telling the stranger my name " so as I was telling you on our walk over this is Maya she's our senior partner she's great at what she does and I'm hoping you two could make a great team on our upcoming project" he paused for a quick second then continued Maya meet our new addition to our firm Rommel. I extended my hand for him to shake his grip was firm but soften when our hands met that sent a chill up my spine.

I needed to get out of this office and quick I was nervous as hell but I decided to play it off " it's very nice to meet you Rommel and welcome to Red & Blu law firm we're happy to have you here and I look forward to working with you" flashing a smile before saying thank you clearing his throat mike continued " well I'm not going to hold you go ahead and get out of here I'll see you tomorrow" relieved that was over I grabbed my keys and purse and walked them out as I headed to my car.

It was time to let my hair down and spark up when I made it to my car there was a note on the windshield when I unfolded the note my mouth dropped to the floor like a ton of bricks hitting the locks I quickly got into my car locking the doors immediately I couldn't believe he found me unfolding the note one more time I couldn't help but panic when I read the bold read words " IF I CANT HAVE YOU NO ONE WILL".

I didn't have to guess who this anonymous note came from I knew exactly who it was and I was prepared to run again if I had to now I guess it's time I let y'all know the real me my name is Maya Green I'm from the east side grew up in the hood project baby fashoo faking it till you make it was my motto from lying about my age to get in the hottest clubs to doing whatever the fuck I wanted to.

I lived with my grandmother my daddy was a deadbeat and my mama just didn't give a dam we were more like friends I was the only child so I had my way with everything I was a good girl until I met my first drug dealer Deion, he was a real hustler he stayed fly af pocket full of money he had a bad ass car and house to match.

I met Deion in a club my young ass wasn't supposed to be in to begin with and of course I lied about my age when him and his friends approached me and my girls we were standing around the table talking I was a tipsy as hell trying to hold it together and still look cute my girls wasted no time mingling with his friends and I loved to see it.

Deion motioned for me to come sit on his lap and I gladly sat my ass down plus my feet were killing me it was somewhat dark but I could still see hoes giving me side eyes and as they should I thought to myself I was fine af slim caramel and thick in all the right places tonight I had on a fitted blue dress some bad ass heels face beat to the gods lashes laid so I'd expect a bitch to hate but I was chilling in the arms of a boss so I was unbothered.

Deion had just finished rolling a blunt and was waving the bottle girl our way "you want something to drink mamas?" I quickly replied "surprise me" after placing our order he sparked the blunt and the conversation started to flow it didn't even seem like we was even at the club we talked up until the club started to close laughing and enjoying each other like we hadn't just met a couple of hours ago.

And I'm guessing the feeling was mutual because I never went home that night, we ended up at his house drunk at 3am with not one care in the world I don't know why but something about this drug dealer made me feel safe 🥴