Rodeo Day

We've been practicing hard all week for this day and it's finally here were all a little nervous but we'll do just fine. It's currently 5:15 a.m. And everyone is hustling around getting ready for the big day.

"Kae have you seen my belt?!" Jaclyn calls out from upstairs im currently downstairs trying to make a good breakfast for everyone.

"check the laundry room" i holler back at her as I flip the bacon once more before letting it simmer, I go ahead and put the toast for everybody in and the eggs are nearly done the fried taters are simmering everything is so far so good nothing has burnt.

"Smells amazing in here Kae" Justin says as he reached the bottom step of the stairs

"thank you" I said not looking back cause I know who it is. Pretty soon the toast pops up so I put some more in

"hey Justin do you mind watching this for me while I go shower?" I ask turning to look at the tall dirty blond haired boy. He's tucking his white wester shirt that makes his blue eyes pop into his jeans he looks up at me his hair still dripping wet from his shower

"yeah go on I'll watch it" he said as he went to button his jeans.

"Thanks it's nearly done and oh by the way nice red underwear" I say laughing as I run up the stairs.

I've known Justin since 7th grade when he moved to my hometown and started goin to Jr. high with us. Him and Ty are like my older brothers always protect me if I need it i come around the corner upstairs to go get a shower and Jaclyn and Kylie are in there.

"Really girls? I need a shower!" I say looking at them

"were almost done! Is tyler still in other bathroom?" Jaclyn calls out.

I shrug and walk into the bedroom where my dresser and closet I share with Ty is. I grab my pink western button up shirt a black tank top to go under it and my favorite pair of Levi's. I walk to the other bathroom just as the door flys open and Tyler steps out

"oh thank god!" I say as I walk in

"girls hogging the other one?" He asks as he slips on his blue western shirt leaving it unbuttoned.

"Like always!" I say as I close the door and jump in the shower..
~~~
I walk downstairs my hair dripping wet my shirt unbuttoned my boots in my hand. everybody was at the table except Kylie

"where is Ky?" I ask.

Sitting down at the table putting my boots on.

"Right here" she says her boots clanking against the kitchen floor.
i stand up put my hat on the back of my chair and go make myself a plate

"I guess it was good Huh boys?" I said smirking to myself

"yes ma'am! Thank you!" Justin and Ty both say.

"I figured we could all use a nice breakfast before a long hard day"

"We're gonna go get the horses ready" Ty said as he and Justin stood up from the table.

"Thank yall" I holler as they walk out. I say my prayer before I eat and then gulp my food down. "Girls Yall ready?" I ask putting my hat on and tucking my shirt into my pants and tightening my belt. "Let's go" Jaclyn says walking out the door. I grab my bag and head out. We're taking two trucks this time since we're taking all the horses. I put my bag into Ty's truck I'll be riding with him this time so he don't have to drive 4 hours by himself. The girls are riding with Justin in His truck. I walk around to the trailer to see my boy Weston he greets me but running up against me I give him a kiss on his nose. "Do you want a treat big boy?" I ask looking at him and he nods his head. I taught him to do that when I first got him he's a smart horse the smartest One i personally know and everybody always compliments him. I walk into the tack room to the little mini fridge I grab an apple and a carrot I tend to spoil Weston. Which doesn't every horse owner spoil they're own horse? I walk back out there and he's standing there waiting i smile as I walk up to him and hold my hand out "That'a boy" I said scratching his head. I go and double check to make sure we have everything.