Chapter 17

"W-wait... What happened? I remembered that I am alone in the house, I am alone and I don't have anyone if I didn't call Reed. I am scared!" I shouted and looked at the whole place. I am not in my room. "Where am I? What is happening? I lost you yaya. I thought I don't have anyone anymore! All of you were gone! I don't know what to do, I don't know what to think. I am so, so scared yaya." I angrily added and she hugged me tight.

"I am so scared" I added and she shushed me while caressing my hair. "I felt so alone. I was calling you for so many times, until I realized that I am alone in the house. I don't know what to think that time. I felt like I lost everyone. I don't have anyone. I am s-so s-scared. Then... then... there are men who came inside t-the house. They're scary." I started panicking and my heart is beating so fast once again while thinking of what just happened. "They c-came inside m-my room yaya. I am so s-scared'

My face was wet because of my tears and sweat when my eyes started to drop and before I fell asleep, I heard yaya told me that she was sorry.

Why is she sorry?

Is it because she left me?

Or, did she do something?

I woke up and I frowned when I saw a man's shadow. I rubbed my eyes to clear my sight,

"W-Who are y-you?" I stuttered when I asked that question, still afraid that he might be one of those men who went to our house. "Who are you?" I repeated and he finally show his face to me.

"Dr. Antonio?" I whispered that question

I am so stunned to see him in my room. Is he visiting me? How did he find out that I am here?

Why is he here?

I have so many questions but yaya came inside my room and she sighed when she finally saw me.

"Yaya" I called her like I am still a kid asking for a candy.

She went to me and hugged me again. That's when I noticed that I have a bandage on my forehead.

"So, you really left?" I asked and she stopped caressing my hair when I asked that. "You really left the house You really left me behind. You promise that you won't, yaya. You broke your promise"

"Andito na 'ko ulit. Hinding-hindi na talaga ako aalis" sabi niya at umiling ako.

"You will surely break your promise again yaya" I said and I saw how hurt she is on the words I said but it's true.

I felt like at the end of the day, those promises they told me will be broken too.

At the end of the day, even if they told me that they will be with me and they won't leave me, they will end up doing the opposite thing on what they promised.

The doctors and nurses came and yaya stood up beside my bed.

Doctors started asking me questions and the nurses started checking me up.

"What was the last memory you can recall before you fell asleep?" the doctor asked and I frowned as I started to think of what was the last thing that happened before I went here.

"I... I was at my room, sleeping" I answered and I don't know why, but my heart started to beat fast when I am remembering what happened that night. "I w-woke up when I heard a l-loud noise. Then there's f-footsteps. I heard... I heard footsteps. I was so s-scared. There is n-no one in t-the house" my voice broke.

My hands started to tremble and yaya held it softly. She shook her head at me.

"Wag mo ng i-kwento, natatakot ka na" she said and told the doctor that what I answered is enough.