My White Rose

[Recommend to play the music "Je te Laisserai des mots" while reading]

March 15th, today's the day I'll see you in a white dress as I stand in front of the altar and look at you. 

We used to imagine about this moment,  used to talk about the design of the dress you'd wear and what type of flowers you'll use on this occasion.

We even argued because you said white roses are much more suitable than the red ones and I totally disagree.

But no matter how much we argued and laugh at our silly idiotic ideas I never thought this would actually happen.

I always imagined this to be a joyful occasion with you smiling beside me as we say our vows together, but I guess you imagined it differently…

And now I'm here,

Walking towards the front of the altar beside you who is wearing the most beautiful white dress.

I stared at your smiling face and can't help myself tear up at how beautiful you still look even in this moment.

I would be smiling and laughing with you, too…

If only you weren't lying so still inside a box filled with white roses.

Liar… You didn't told me we were imagining two different things.

And now I wonder when did it went so wrong,

Was it when I fell victim to your smiles that I forgot to ask if you were still ok?

Or was it when I let myself be eaten by my fear of losing you so I never said I love you...

And now I'm here to see the fruit of my neglect. And watch you sleep forever surrounded by the white roses you love so dearly.

Sweet dreams, my white rose.