Chapter 4

Skyler's P.O.V

I brush my hair one last time and then put it in a high ponytail. I put on lip balm on my lips look at myself one more time. I'm wearing a short dress with a denim shirt on top, high knee socks and a pair of boots.
I took my phone and then went downstairs. I heard laughter. I guess Paul and his daughters are here.

I walk into the kitchen to see a man talking and laughing along with with my grandma. From when I'm standing I can see his face. Stubble crossed his chin and lip as if he hadn't shaved for lack of time or incentive yet there seemed to be a lightness about him as the corners of his mouth lifted into a smile. His short light brown hair played along his forehead. Brown eyes sparkling as he watched grandma speak.

"Hello!"

They both turn around. Grandma smiled at me. "Sky sweety, meet my friend Paul." I walk up to them and was going to shake Paul's hand but he pulled me into a hug.

"You look beautiful, just like your grandmother." He said once we pull away.

I blush. I always whenever someone compliments me. "Thank you."

"No problem." He walked back to my grandma and took her hand.

"Alright. How bout we go outside."

We walked outside and I saw three really beautiful ladies chatting. One of them has chocolate brown eyes. Her smile was wide and caring. Her hair flowed down in long brown waves, framing her oval face, and right above her pink lips was a small beauty mark. She looked older than the other two, so I guess she's the oldest.

The shortest her features were somewhat cat-like. Honey colored eyes stuck out from behind her hair. Her mud colored hair long and lightly tousled as if to imply to the world at large that she did not care a great deal about her looks in the least but the way that she let it fall just slightly across her face right over her nose let anyone who really wanted to pay attention know how much she really did care.

Then the last one. She doesn't look like the other two. While they have brown eyes and dark hair. She had freckles on both of her cheeks. Green eyes, long blonde hair. Short and she looks a bit shy.

"Girls!" Paul called out, "come and meet Lola's granddaughter." They stopped talking and turn to look at their father.

"Hi!" They all said in unison. They look at each other then chuckled.

Paul stepped between two of them and said. "This Claudia, my eldest." He said as he look at the girl with chocolate brown eyes. "Naila," the girl with mud colored hair. "And last but not least, Shawna." The girl with green eyes and blonde hair.

"It is nice meeting you!" I said with a smile on my face. I look around for Chase but I didn't see him. "Grandma where's Chase?"

"Right here." I heard his voice say.

I turn around to see him walking towards me. "Hey."

He opened his mouth to say something but we heard grandma say that dinner was ready.

On the round dinner the table I sat next to Chase. Emilia was seating on my left, then Claudia, then Shawna, then grandma and then Paul.

Throughout dinner I heard that Claudia is 28 and she's a lawyer. She's married and has a 4 year old son. Shawna is 20 and is studying at NYU. Emilia is 25 and she has her own clothing line.

Chase and I didn't talk much like the adults and we would smile at each other often.

It was 9 when everyone started leaving. And at 9:30 Chase and I offered to clean up. Grandma didn't want us to but we insisted. She finally gave in and went to her room.

Chase and I cleaned the plates and put them in the dish washer. We cleaned the kitchen and the table outside. When we were done we decided to watch a movie and eat ice cream. It was pretty late when his father called him and asked him to come back home. I was kind of disappointed. He told me that he lives 15 minutes away.

When he left I went to my bedroom and got ready for bed.

°°°
The next morning I woke up to the bright light pouring into my bedroom. I rolled over and stretched, then I smelled something.

FOOD!!!

I quickly get out of bed and ran down the stairs. I walk in the kitchen and I'm greeted by a rich invigorating aroma, tempting my tummy.

I started sniffling "I smell food."

Grandma chuckled. "Morning to you too. Here ya go." She greeted me with a plate of food. Bacon, eggs, pancakes oozing with butter, hot maple syrup poured over the pancakes, and the cold taste of freshly squeezed orange juice.

I cut a piece of my pancake and put it in my mouth. I almost moan because it taste so good. "This is so delicious!"

I heard grandma chuckle."thank you sweetie. We're going in town today to do a little bit of shopping."

"Yah, yah." I said carelessly as I shove a piece of bacon in my mouth.

I could feel her looking at me. "This is what your grandpa used do in the morning after a long day of work the day before." She said. I stopped chewing and put my fork down. I pushed my plate away a little bit. I try not to cry when she said that.

She sighs. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

I shook my head and got up. "No, don't apologize. I'm gonna get ready." I kissed her cheek and walk back upstairs.

I put on a red crop top tee, a pair of black shorts. Then I took my hair out of the braids and let it down in flowy waves. I put a red rose bando on my head. I took my favorite pair of white chucks in my closet and out them on. I look at myself in the mirror before I went downstairs.

"Grandma I'm ready." I yell.

"Okay. I'll be down in 5 minutes." She yell back probably from her room.

"Alright." I went to the living room to watch TV. I turn on the TV and put it on HGTV. Property Brothers was on. I love them! Johnathan was playing with a dog when I remembered something. Chase gave me his number the day we met.

I was gonna go upstairs to get it when grandma came downstairs. She is wearing a peach dress with leather belt with strappy sandals. Her hair was in a ponytail her make up looks natural and she looks gorgeous.

"Looking good Grandma."

"Aw, thank you sweetie. So do you."

"Thanks."

"You're ready?" I nodded. "Okay, let's go. We might be out for the whole day. Is that okay with you?"

"Its fine. I don't mind spending the whole day with you."

"Okay. To the mall we go!"