28 - about time

The whole room erupted with cheers and laughter, signaling the success and end of the play. In the end, Touko cried and for all of Koito-san's worries, she could only slap her lightly on the shoulder saying, "And you're crying now? What an irresponsible and troublesome upperclassman you are!" and she hurried her to get dressed soon after, causing everyone else to laugh at her nagging.

The room was filled with congratulations and compliments. "Wow, I'm starving! Let's go, Maki-kun!" Doujima-san said.

"I'll change first. It is quite embarrassing to wear my old school uniform publicly."

"Eh? No one cares though. Come on!" he flailed his arms around. His endless energy never ceases to amaze me and reminds me rather of someone I know quite well.

I looked towards Touko, who was calmly sniffing now, and we smiled at each other. "You finally made it.. to your dream," I told her.

"We made it. Clear distinction, Sayaka." She smiled gratefully.

I blushed. "Oh, alright." I hadn't easily accepted it.

"Excuse me," someone coughed—it belonged to (y/n). "Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but may I borrow her for a moment?"

"Borrow me? Ha, don't refer to me like I'm some object." I pointedly stared at her.

"You know very well that's not what I meant," she shrugged, "but sorry."

This girl...

I scoffed and faced Touko wearing a cool expression, "Sorry, it seems that I have pending business."

The sides of her lips rose, I did not miss it, before her face set into stone. "Sure! Yuu was in a rush anyway, I'll see you when I see you?"

I nodded, "If you'll excuse me.."

I turned back, not seeing her off with Koito-san who waited nearby the door.

Walking to the farther end of the corner of the room, I spotted (y/n) waiting. Immediately, a scowl set into my face, "What did you need?"

"At least greet me with a smile instead of a scowl, will you?"

I crossed my arms.

"Okay!" she exclaimed, dramatically putting her hands up in the air. "I just wanted to ask you something."

"It better be important."

She blushed, and I drilled my eyes onto her more. "Well, it's not that important I guess.." she trailed, "but would you like to go the festival with me?"

I stared at her incredulously.

I... W-W-What?!?

I was flushed with embarrassment, I could practically feel my blood running through my veins, with how warm my skin suddenly went.

It was embarrassing to even be close to her right now. Consciously knowing the proximity between us, I stepped back a little, and looked away. "O.. O-Of course! You didn't have to ask me like it was some kind of date."

A date...

Now it was her turn for her face to flush with a bright tint of red. "D-D-Date?!? Ah! Who said anything about a date!"

"What?! Stop embarrassing me! Or else I'm not coming," I grew more embarrassed as the minutes passed. Seriously, I imagine how much we looked like a bundle of nerves to several passersby.

"..Fine. I'm going to get dressed now. Are you coming?"

Never minding the whole scene a while ago, I confidently stepped ahead of her. I had a habit of walking in front of other people, but I stopped to walk alongside (y/n), distracted by.. almost anything.