Dead Center prologe

"This can't be happening. This can not be happening to us," Rochelle said to her self in a frantic voice as she saw the helicopters fly away with out them.
"Calm down Rochelle it is not that bad" Elise said trying to calm the worrying woman in front of him.
"Look guys there must be another way for us to escape" I say trying give hope to the small group of survivors in front of me.
"And what would that be Nick, they choppers are gone and we sent on them. What are we suppose to do" coach said in and angry tone.
" I don't know yet but let's try a figure something. There was a car showcase down in the main mall area. Maybe if we get there we could take the car and get out of here." I say in a some what panicked a hopeful tone.
" Okay that's a good idea, I mean we have enough supplies to get there and I know of a few safe rooms in the area and the safest route to the show case area. Maybe we have a chance." Elise said while calming down Rochelle. Rochelle looked up and said,"Okay I agree we can do that and hopefully get out of this hellhole of a place."
We gathered our supplies which included a pistol with a flashlight, a first aid kit, and some food and water for on the way. We opened the door to the hotel stairwell and began the trek to freedom.