champagne problems

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

E P I G R A P H

"And if my wishes came true, it would've been you."

— The 1,
Taylor Swift

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

M O O D B O A R D

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

S Y N O P S I S

At sixteen, Nathan Griffin and Sang Sorenson are in love. He's the star of their high school hockey team, she's a promising figure skater, and everything is totally perfect.

Except it totally isn't.

Now, five years later, he's a rising star in the NHL, she's a skating instructor at their community rink, and they haven't spoken in ages. But a devastating injury brings Nathan back home to Charleston in time for the holidays and, consequentially, back into Sang's orbit.

(Or; Sang and Nathan were high school sweethearts, but everything fell apart. Years later, they're given another chance at love—it just isn't that simple once his best friends come into the picture.)

note: the academy does not exist in this au.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

P L A Y L I S T

Stay, Gracie Abrams
— "And maybe I should've but I never told you I missed you."

Emails I Can't Send, Sabrina Carpenter
— "And thanks to you I, I can't love right."

Cardigan, Taylor Swift
— "I knew you tried to change the ending; Peter losing Wendy."

Stick Season, Noah Kahan
— "And I'll dream each night of some version of you that I might not have, but I did not lose."

Heart Like Yours, Willamette Stone
— "All your love is all I've ever known."

WYD Now, Sadie Jean
— "They're never gonna be like you, though; you set the bar above the moon, so."

note: the champagne problems spotify playlist with additional songs can be accessed through the external link.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

S T A R T / E N D

Start Date: [tba]

End Date: [tba]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

D I S C L A I M E R

I own the rights to none of the places, characters, or things mentioned in these works, as this is a fan-fiction of the Ghost Bird series by C.L. Stone.