Revelation

The week would have flown by in it's usual blur of work and class.
Except in between that Markus dropped her off.
Markus brought her lunch.
Markus picked her up.
Markus dicked her down.

She was rarely at the flat. On Wednesday she stopped by and just packed a bag. She made a note to have a catch-up with Maya as she had barely seen her all week. Rachel knew she wasn't starving though. The few times she had popped in, AJ had been there . So that was definitely a thing then.

In fact, she didn't see Maya again until Saturday. She was only there to do laundry while Markus visited his dad.
She knew there would be no AJ as he was at the hospital too.
She loaded her work clothes in the washer after taking out her whites to hang and sent Maya a text. She knew she hadn't gone home this weekend.

Rachel: wya?

She had almost finished hanging out in the small backyard space the flat boasted when splash

Maya : headed home from HWT. U home??

Rachel : yeah. Washing anything?

Maya : No did that yesterday. Soon reach.

Rachel pocketed her phone and finished hanging clothes. Refilling and setting the rest to spin, she headed to take a shower. She was finished and dressing when she heard Maya get home.

She was in the kitchen putting things in the cupboards. Rachel snagged the remote and sprawled on the sectional. She checked her phone.
Almost 2. No messages from Markus.

Maya joined her handing her a cold caramel macchiato.

"Aww bless you."

She took a welcomed sip. The days were getting hotter and the summer promised to be a scorcher. The nights were just as bad. She had adopted Markus' habit of sleeping in the nude. She couldn't bring herself to walk around naked as he did, however. All she could hear in her head was her overbearing Christian mother quoting something about angels passing her over or some shit.

She groaned as her mother sprung to mind. She was overdue a visit to the country. She could only cite her studies as an eligible excuse, for so long.

She hated visiting home. The generational gap between her and her mother made the time spent tedious as opposed to relaxing. But she loved her mother and promised herself next weekend would be a country week. Maybe Markus would come.
Speaking of...

No texts. No calls. Still.

Maya was scrolling on IG and surfing Netflix at the same time. Sighing Rachel tossed her phone and made herself comfy.

" So what exactly a gwaan wid yuh and Markus' bredda? " She stirred the ice in her drink.

" His name is AJ. Not Markus bredda. " Maya leaned forward. She was in full now-that-you-brought-it-up mode. "Why do i get di feeling yuh have a problem wid it?"

" I don't even know what's going on with u guys. " Rachel waved her drink in the air." I'm more weirded out than anything. Like when dafuq did dat happen?"

Maya was eating a salad from Wendy's. She speared a crouton and leveled a stare at Rachel. " Like half an hour after you guys left the hospital."

Rachel waited for her to expound but she didn't. She just speared some lettuce.

Rolling her eyes she gave the brat what she wanted. She was being dismissive of her feelings after all." Ok Maya I'm sorry for keeping you out of the loop and then being a bitch about you doing the same."

Maya inclined her head graciously. Ever the comic.

Rachel continued remembering their tête-à-tête Monday morning. "But mi did tell u everything Monday girl! It happened so fast. Right now I don't even know weh wi a duh. "