Chapter 1

Eddie supposes working at Palace Arcade isn't the worst job, but he knows it's the most boring which is impressive for how stupid busy it is all the time. It's 6:30 on the first Friday of the summer and if one more pre-teen joins the already unbearable sea of people Eddie thinks he might actually loose his shit. There's just so many people and it's so hot. Not even a warm, happy, normal hot it's humid. Eddie's sweating so much he feels ill and he can't help but notice he's not the only one, because Jesus does this place smell rank as all hell. He just wants his shift to be over so he can go talk to Robin or maybe even annoy Steve.

Steve Harrington, Eddie thought to himself leaning over the counter onto elbows with his head pressed in the palms of his hands. He was frustrated.

Sure, he was happy to know the guy wasn't all what he was in highschool anymore, Steve had grown and matured as a person and had begun to surround himself with better people; He was happier and helpful, he protected and cared for his friends like family, and god was he gorgeous, but things like that also annoyed Eddie. Not that he was upset about such a good version of Steve exsisting, he just hated how much he liked this version.

Eddie had known he was gay for years, he'd come ot terms with it and had experiences here and there, but never once has he felt for someone like he feels for Steve and that...well that is the worst part of all. Steve had a way of making Eddie feel like he was floating and sinking all at once. He loves the feeling as much as he fears it. It's a feelings he only could've hoped for in the past, but why oh why must he feel it for one of his best friends.

His best friend who happens to be straight. His best friend who appears to have a vendetta against personal space. His best friend who he's meeting at Robin's after work.

Fuck.