Chapter one

"Yuri! You have to go to school! It's your first day and you can't miss it! You just got admitted into the best hight school in Japan!" Yuri Hayashi's mother called as she tried to yank her covers off. Yuri was very smart and beautiful, but she didn't like socialising with people. She maybe only had about 2 or 3 friends, but even then, she didn't talk much to them and they usually hung out with the other friends in their social circle. "I... I.. " Yuri started, but knew she was no match against her mother, so she got up and prepared for school.
       Her ice blue eyes contrasted her dark brown hair and she brushed the tangles out. She didn't have to spend too much time on her hair, her hair was shoulder length and her school was okay with it. Being a "nerd" she had read all the school rules before going to the school. Kokurei high had some strict rules, but for Yuri, they weren't hard to follow. She pulled on her school uniform,tidied her fringe, took her bag and left for school. Yuri had to walk to school, and on the way she would just eat her breakfast to save time. She wanted to be the earliest there, plus, she wasn't very social, so she preferred reading silently in the classroom by herself. She pulled on her stockings and slipped her feet into her shoes, and saying goodbye to her mother, she hurried out the door.
        "First years, your classroom is on the first floor." the PA system sounded repeatedly, and any normal person would have been annoyed, but hey, Yuri was anything but normal. She navigated her way to her classroom, 1-1, found a seat and started reading her book. "Hello." a voice sounded beside her. Looking up from her book, she saw a boy with ink hair and brown eyes staring at her. "May I sit here?" he asked, gently, and Yuri nodded.
" I'm surprised you're not reading manga," the boy said softly and gestured towards her book. "What's your name, by the way? I'm Ikuto Hashimoto."
"Yuri Hayashi." she replied softly, "and I don't read manga." she finished off, and continued with her book. Ikuto studied her intently, then pulled out his own book. "Y.. You don't read manga t... too?" she asked when she saw the cover. "No.." he replied and started reading. They read for 5 minutes in silence, then Ikuto spoke up. "Yuri-san...Are you an introvert? I am."She was startled, and she looked at him in surprise. "Yes.. I.. I am." she stuttered, then continued, "I'm not really good at socialising, that's why.."
"Same here" then they blushed and didn't talk until the rest of the students filled in the empty seats and the teacher came in. "I'm miss Takahashi, your homeroom teacher for the year. Do you guys mind doing some simple introductions? How about.. The one nearest to the window start?" She gestured towards Yuki. "I.. I'm Yuri Hayashi, I.. I.. Would want to make some friends.." then she sat back down. "Next." Miss Takahashi pointed to Ikuto. "Ikuto Hashimoto.. I'm into rock climbing." Yuri looked at Ikuto clearer this time. The last few minutes we're just glancing at each other, but when she looked closely at him, she realised that he had a toned body. His arms had muscles, and so did his thighs and calves. To be honest, she had liked rock climbing since she was young. Then they went a whole round around the class, then it was break time. "Ikuto-kun...!" Yuri called out softly. "Yeah?"
"D.. During your introduction.. You said you liked r.. Rock climbing.. I do too.." Ikuto just nodded. The rest of the day passed in a flash, and it was lunchtime. Ikuto dragged his table and joined it with hers. "May I eat with you? We should talk about our goals in life.." he asked gently as he say down. Not wanting to reject, Yuri agreed. They ate in silence, save the talking in th background. "So.. What is your goal in high school?" Ikuto asked. " I want to make friends... So.. Will you be m.. My..." she turned away in embarrassement."First friend?.. "He hesitated but since he had no friends, he agreed.
      After school, while Yuri was walking home, she spotted a climbing gym, and went inside. Paying for the tickets, she pulled out her rock climbing attire and headed towards the changing room. Her uniform plain and simple, just her name on the back. She pulled on her tights, as she didn't like showing her legs, although they were quite toned and had nice shape to the thighs and calves. She glanced at the wall and started observing. "Right arm at the red hold.. Leg move up to the next closer hold.. Dyno?" she muttered. "No... I should just do a hangover..yeah. That's more suited more this wall.." then she started climbing. It went smoothly and she leapt off the wall. Moving on to the speed climbing wall, she saw a familiar figure. "Hashimoto?" she called, and instantly regretted it. "Yuri? I didn't expect to see you here, you trying speed climbing? What's your record?"
"12.45." then she clipped her harness and started climbing. Like a spider skittering up the wall, she reached the top and broke her record by a little bit. "11.79! Good job Yuki, you're much faster than me! My record is 15.67 seconds!" Ikuto exclaimed."C.. Can you show me h.. How you climb? M.. Maybe I can help.."
"Okay..Thanks.." he uttered and started climbing. He was taking on a slower pace, and she realised many wrong steps in his climb. When he leapt down, she approached him and commented, "You shouldn't spend too long on one hold.. I think it's better if you use r.. Repeatative dynos or.. Or.. Try to move like a spider. I.. I climb by finding my own rhythm of breathing, but I.. I don't know.. Know if it'll work our f.. For you.. But you can try." Ikuto nodded. "Thanks Yuri, and call me Ikuto. We're friends now, no? D.. Don't be so formal." Yuri nodded and watched him climb again, and to his surprise, he beat his record by 2 seconds!" 13.45! Wow, thanks Yuri, it really helped!" he pat her on the back, and she said,"Your s... stamina is pretty good.. You can climb twice in a row for speed climbing.. I can't." he smiled at her and told her,"I train every day. You can join me if you'd like!"
"Okay."