Chapter 15: The Airport

Everyone made it there safely. When we got there, it was basically a big airport with all the usual feature of an airport. We followed Axel to a corner and started discussing what we should do. "The M.E.G and B.N.T.G should be all over Level 11 now I reckon," Newt said. We listened to Axel as he explained what he needed us to do. "We need things to find this guy's whereabouts. I heard of him from a friend, but neither of us know which level he's on. As of now, we need to get our hands on Bottles of Lightning, Squirt Guns with any effective liquid, food and Almond Water."

Axel showed us his stock, it being 5 Bottles of Lightning, a Squirt Gun with Liquid Pain, 10 bottles of Almond Water and a few sandwiches. He then sent us to different levels to get the various items, giving us radios to talk to eachother in the levels. "The M.E.G and B.N.T.G don't know about these things yet, because I have the only ones. These are basically walkie-talkies but also double as a locator, telling you the level and position of a person on that frequency, sort of like the Crimson Map."

Axel sent us off in groups of two, Clair, Newt and Clint would go to Level 4 then 3, Jay and Ky to Level 48 for fruits and such, and me and Kash would follow Axel to Level 1 to meet an "old friend" of his who owed him. As we prepared, I asked Axel how he survived for so long in the Backrooms. "The trick to surviving," he said, "is no trick. It's just basic intuition. Sometimes, though, you'd be better off not curious." When I tried to meet his eyes to see what meant, he quickly looked away. Guessing he didn't want to talk about it, I dropped the subject for the moment.

We went to the basement of the level to get into elevators that would take us to different levels, and said our temporary goodbyes. I entered the elevator, and was taken to Level 1.

THEY DRAW NEARER.
FOOLISH.
THEY THINK THEY CAN STOP ME.