🌧️ Rain and Sunshine ☀️

✿✿✿ ✿✿✿ ✿✿✿ ✿✿✿ ✿✿✿ ✿✿✿

"Oh my, it's still pouring out here," Yukimura commented from the porch of their private quarters. He sat in the doorway and allowed the cold breeze to wash over him and pass. Rain would sometimes sprinkle him just a little, but the roof made certain that he wouldn't get caught up in the everlasting chaos outside. It was a perfect place to watch the elements safely. Sometimes all one needed was to just be and enjoy the events of everyday life. It took him away from this war, away from the notion that Nohr was coming for Hoshido...yet it also brought back some unpleasant memories from the past...

"Would you care to join me?"

There was a long pause.

"Corrin?"

The tactician looked back into the room. His wife lay on the bed, completely covered by a blanket. She had been that way since he came back from work, and given that it was a little late, he had assumed she had just been exhausted from today. And maybe she still was, if that was the case, but...something made him feel the need to check up on her.

He stood and made his way across the small room to her. Corrin reacted to this by curling up more and trying to hide her face underneath a pillow. "No, I'm fine...please, enjoy yourself without me. I just need to rest and think about a few things right now," she explained, though it came out as muffled.

Yukimura wasn't fazed, however. If there was someone he could say he understood, it was Corrin. Just Corrin. Perhaps he's always been awkward or not as...part of a crowd as everyone else seemed to be, but around his wife, he felt confident and assured. He's opened up to her about his insecurities, and she's done the same back. They were in their own little world together, and nobody ever saw them like this behind the walls of their private quarters...

They were like figureheads in the army. Nobody could see them this way.

"Come now, is something bothering you? You know you can talk to me about anything," he said softly, and nudged Corrin slightly.

"Yukimura..."

"I don't mean to be nosey, but I couldn't help but notice how quiet you are tonight. You didn't greet me when I came home, and you haven't...ah, been yourself the entire time. Please tell me what's wrong, if anything. I would at least like to know if you're okay."

Another air of silence. Yukimura sighed, and looked down. "If you feel you can't discuss this now, I will wait until you're in a better mood. If you ever want to talk about it. Just know I'm here for you, if you need anything -"

His glasses slipped just then- a very common thing for him, actually - and landed right next to his leg. In a frantic attempt to pick them up, he accidentally stepped on the frames and broke them...again! For being such an educated man, one would think he'd stop breaking his glasses for once..

When he reached to scoop up the broken glasses, a hand hurried out from under the blanket and collected them for him.
"Oh, thank you, dear.." Yukimura sighed. "I'm sorry, I don't know how fitted glasses just fly right off.."

Corrin sat up now, still making sure the glasses were with her. Her eyes were dry and puffy from what could be assumed had been crying earlier. Not only that, but she also was sniffling. When her husband noticed this, he forgot about the glasses and came right to her side on the bed. Maybe she thought because his eyesight wasn't as good without his glasses, that she might be able to get away with looking like this, but...she should know better by now.
"Don't look so alarmed...here, let's get you one of your spares so you won't strain your eyes-"

"No, of course not! Corrin, forget that for a moment..." The tactician cupped her face and studied her. His vision wasn't as clear now, true, but he could still see what was important. His wife was absolutely not okay, and he intended to find out why. "I must insist that you tell me what's wrong. I'll help you in any way I can, I promise. I've always promised you that."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jul 23, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Fire Emblem : Raindrops 🌦️// Yukimura x F!Corrinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें