Chapter Seven

Ariya

Freedom. That's what I felt as I wrap my arms around Zane's waist as I hold on tightly on the back of his motorcycle. We are headed to the beach on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow I start school with Zane. I went yesterday to take a placement test since I've been homeschooled since I was 7, I will be a junior while Zane is a senior. Mom talked to me yesterday morning about going to public school, asking if I want to, am I ready for that. Of course I was, I've been waiting my whole life to be able to enjoy my life, to be a normal teenager. Zane thought the beach would do me some good, he said it would help me relax before the start of school. The air blowing against my face and him next to me, he was right. I already feel free. As we pull into the beach parking lot, it's semi-packed. More teenagers then families out here, trying to enjoy the last bit of summer before fall sneaks it's way into the air. He helps me off before helping me remove the helmet, I'm pretty sure my hair is a mess right now. He pulls me against his body as I stand and wrap my arms around his neck. He nuzzles his face in my neck and inhales, he says it comforts him to smell me. He told me I smell like vanilla, it reminds him of cookies. He loves cookies, said it's his favorite food. I laughed when he told me that, he's something else. Over these past few days, we've gotten to know about each other more, kinda like 20 questions if you will. Even though there isn't much about me to know, I sure learned a lot about him. About his mom, his dad, why he's living with my mom and Dylan. "Baby, are you ready for a day of fun in the sun?" He asks me bringing me back to reality. I smile at him and peck his lips before nodding as I grab my bag with my swimsuit and run towards the bathroom.

We've been at the beach for 4 hours already, we've done everything from swimming to tanning to chasing the ice cream truck down. As the sun begins to set he looks over at me from his spot next the me on the white sand and smiles. I can look at him smile at me all day and never get tired of the way he looks at me, as I'm the only person in the world. Smiling back, I reach over and pull him to me for a kiss. His lips are so soft as they press onto mine in a sweet kiss before he pulls back with a smirk. I give him a questioning look at his smirk, "What are you thinking about?" He just shakes his head at me and turns back to look at the waves at our feet. "Tell me" I say as I push his shoulder. "I was just thinking how you look like an angel with the sun glowing behind you. How I'm so lucky to call you mine." I'm speechless. He has a way with words when he explains how he feels about me, he tells me I'm beautiful, says I look like an angel. I feel my face heat up at his words and he laughs at my reaction before he jumps up and is on top of me in a flash, using his arms to keep his body up from squishing mine. He stares in my eyes as I look into his I swear I see love in his eyes, which can't be true we've only known each other for a couple days. There's no way he loves me. He leans down to kiss me and I don't move as he presses his lips to mine. His body presses more into mine as he deepens the kiss, I feel a rush of excitement as we lay there in each other's arms. I never thought I would be able to experience this in my life, something so romantic with someone who truly cares about me. Suddenly he pulls away, "We should head back, we have school tomorrow. I want you to be well rested, sweetheart" he says as he pecks my lips again before getting up and reaching his hand down for me to grab. Heaving a heavy sigh I grab it and he pulls me up and into his hard chest, I laugh as I stumble and we tip backwards before he steadies us grabbing my waist. "Sorry, baby." I smile and push him away as I bend down to grab our stuff, hearing a groan from behind me. I smile to myself knowing what I'm doing as I wiggle my ass at him.

My alarm blares in my ear as I try to reach for my phone on my nightstand to shut it off. Groaning as I get up but remember what today is and a surge of excitement rushes in me as I jump out of bed to get ready for my first day of high school. I picked my outfit out the night before, the skinny jeans and striped light blue and black shirt with 3 in. heeled boots. Grabbing my clothes I rush to the shower for a quick rinse off before getting dressed. I set my alarm an hour before school started giving me plenty of time to get dressed and do my hair. As I exit the bathroom I bump into a hard chest smiling pine I know it's Zane. His hands automatically grab my waist as he glances down at me before his eyes rake my wardrobe. He smiles and pecks my lips, "Good morning, baby" he says in his morning voice that is still laced with sleep. That voice made my knees weak as it came out huskily, I know if he didn't already have his hands on my waist I probably would have fell. I shyly glance at him through my lashes, "Morning." He turns us around so he's body is in the doorway of the bathroom and I'm in the hallway. "I'm gonna shower then we can get breakfast" he says as he releases his grip on my waist. I nod at his comment before turning to heading to my room to do my hair, I decided to split my hair and do half up half down Dutch braids and scrunch the bottom half giving it volume. As I finish my hair Zane knocks on my door dressed on black jeans with a dark blue shirt and black boots, his dark hair looks as if he ran his fingers through it to style it. He looks delicious. I can't believe this gorgeous man wants me. I smile as I see his hand outstretched waiting for me to grab it.