ii

Natasha was expecting the kid to try and kill them when they approached him. Instead, he simply stared at them with a blank and hollow expression. 

"Who are you?" He asked quietly. 

"We're Avengers, and we want to help you-"

"Who?" His head tilted in confusion, and at this moment he didn't look like the murderer he had been over the past few weeks.

"The Avengers?" Steve asked. "We save the world...?"

"Until recently," Bruce murmured.

Nico turned away and muttered something that sounded like, "Then where were you during the wars?" under his breath. Steve had a pained expression on his face.

"Listen, kid," Bruce said softly. 

"I'm not a kid," he said coldly. 

"We know," Natasha cut in. "That's what we want to know, actually. How are you still alive? Why are you doing this?"

"It's not your business, mortals," Nico shut his eyes before realizing what he said.

Steve's eyebrows furrowed. "Mortals?" 

Nat's hand reached for her gun. "Kid, I'm gonna need you to come with us..."

 "Oh, schist." Nico gulped, and before any of the Avengers could do anything, Nico took a few steps back and faded into the shadows. 

"What the hell?" Natasha gasped.

The three glanced at each other before deciding on something which didn't need to be spoken aloud.

He was definitely a mutant.

A/N: 

So that's it for chapter 2! I changed the format a little bit, it was getting too hectic for me, I hope you don't mind.

Vote, comment, and keep reading!

- Siena