𝗤𝘂𝗶𝗲𝘁 - 𝗖𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘆 𝗛𝗮𝗶𝗺

First Person POV

I sat in the living room watching my favorite tv show. I was fine until I heard my brothers truck door close. I let out an audible groan and prepared to get kicked out of the living room.

I watched the light move behind the closed blinds as the door opened. The door opened revealing my brother when I heard another voice behind him.

I looked at him rather confused and slightly terrified. I grabbed a blanket and tried to throw it on myself since my outfit consisted of shorts and a tanktop. It was Sunday, I didn't worry about anyone seeing me.

The other boy walked in and I knew I had saw him around with my brother. I never caught his name, all I knew was that he was wasn't bad on looks.

"Mom and dad in their room?" Dustin asked looking at me. I shrugged not knowing and he rolled his eyes at me.

The other guy walked in behind him, looking around at our house. He looked at me holding contact a little longer than normal. I couldn't make myself break it as they disappeared around the corner.

There was nothing for a while when the other guy walked out alone. I looked at him kind of confused.

"Whatcha watchin'?" He asked looking at me.

"Uh." I said startled how casually he talked to me. "Bob Ross."

"Oh yeah, I've heard of him." He said looking back at the tv. I looked at the tv with him and watched Bob continue.

"You're y/n, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, Dustin tell you?" I asked.

"That, and aren't you like the mascot?" He asked.

I laughed a little at the mascot thing. "Yup."

"That's sick. I would never do it, but it's still cool." He said. I smiled and looked at him feeling bad for not remembering his name.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Corey." He said.

"Corey Haim?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said confused at the tone I used.

"Sorry, it's just that my teacher references you, a lot." I said.

"Oh." He drew out with a smile. "Which one?"

"Mr. Polk." I said.

"He absolutely hated my guts. I swear he would do anything to send me to the office." He said. I laughed a little not saying anymore because my parents walked out with Dustin.

"Well, Corey, we have talked it over." My dad said leaving me rather confused with no context. "You can house-sit for us next weekend. But there will be rules."

House sit?

"Of course sir, thank you for allowing me to do it. I will make sure you have no problems." Corey said. It was funny listening to his tone, it had completely changed from when he was talking to me.

"It was a very kind offer, Corey." My mom said. "We could talk about this tomorrow? It's getting rather late."

"Uh, mom, about that." Dustin said. "Do you think he could crash here tonight? His folks are out of town til tomorrow night."

"Um—of course. Have you ate yet?" My mom said. Dad kind of looked at her funny, estranged at her decision.

"I actually haven't yet." He said.

The night ended with pizza and us talking. I just listened most of the time. I had to stop myself from looking at Corey so much. His eyes were so pretty, I couldn't stop looking at him. The way he was so talkative, just so animated, I loved it.