vii. another step forward

We know how to find out what it is. See if you have a beastiary by any chance, if not, we have a backup. Come to LAX game tonight. Meet you there.

The message had been sent from Stiles' phone, and without hesitation Anna was running to the unknown room kept downstairs, hidden from the public eye. Down in the basement Anna's family kept mostly quiet, they had enchanted a room specifically for the use of magic, and that only. It wasn't the safest of places, in fact, Anna felt a shiver along her spine and the cold feeling of strange discomfort whenever she was in there- especially alone. But despite this, the young witch made her way there faster than lightning. A small, barely audible whisper came from her lips as she murmured a small enchantment to reveal the small cavern. A green glow had lit up the once dark area of the basement. A strong scent of spice wafted out with the chilling air, hitting Anna's face and pushing her hair back. She stepped into the room, cautiously ignoring the sound of stone moving to cover the entryway she had just passed through. 

"The things I do." Anna muttered, her eyes floating around the room. It was fairly sized, a not-so-warm glow steaming off the place. The walls were covered in shelves, books of all shapes and sizes crammed into them, majority barely having words still readable on them or pages completely intact. Thanks to her knowledge as a necromancer, she'd known what a beastiary was when reading Stiles' text. Rounding a rotting wooden table in the middle of the room, Anna beelined for the back of the room and over to the shelves supporting books of basic knowledge on the supernatural, if anywhere, it ought to be there instead of with books containing information such as spells or maps, etc. 

Her finger trailed along the spines of the books, the rough material balancing the weight of her soft skin. The amount of peculiar words that infiltrated her brain as she read the titles were off the charts, but not one of them read 'beastiary'. Anna knew her family owned one, but unless one of her siblings had took it, it wasn't here. There was the possibility it was left back in North Carolina, but the brunette girl would truly never knew. With a sigh, she stepped back, examining the wall. She could look for other books similar to it and skim through them, but that would take too long.

Nothing here. I checked.

She quickly typed to Stiles. Her foot turned on the dirty floor, a little too ready to make her way out of the spellbind room before she thought over her previous idea. If they ended up getting the beastiary from somewhere else, they could potentially get their finger stamped onto this creature which stood blindly in front of them, but if not, would it really hurt to spend a few extra hours looking just incase? Anna ran back to the shelves, gathering a few books in her arms and then bewitching a few to float alongside her head. At almost a running pace, she left the small cavern, the stone wall sliding open to let her leave before echoing as it fell back into place.

The sky had fallen to rest, the only lively part of the night being the endless chatter from the crowd and the high pitched sounds singing from the referee's whistles. Darkness had blanketed the earth, little stars littering the heavens above as the young witch avoided staring straight into the blinding lights set out to illuminate the playing field of the lacrosse game. After a long lecture from Tallula, Anna had faked a case of exhaustion and went to her room, staying prisoner there until once again leaving through her bedroom window and into Stiles' car.