.4

mike drove will back to his house on his bike, they sat down on the couch to chat.

"are you okay will.?" mike asked.

"yeah i just got scared, its nothing really." will claimed, he glanced over at mike.

"will, i can tell your lying.." mikes tone softened and he met eyes with will.

will looked down his expression filling with guilt.

i might as well just tell the truth.

will took a deep breath before he began to speak again. "i had a vision."

"when the plant started to sing in the theater, the audio started to become distorted.." will paused for a few moments, still unsure. "and suddenly i was in the upside down again.." will confessed, his eyes became watery but he still continued. "and there was this, terrible pain in my neck. i don't know why or how.." he trailed off. wills breathing became heavy, tears blurring his vision.

mike set his hand down on wills back.

"will.." mike muttered, he held open his arms and will immediately leaned in for a hug.

"its gonna be okay.. im here." mike whispered, he held onto will allowing him to cry onto his shoulder.

after a little will started to calm down.

"pease don't tell the others i don't wan to worry them.." will stammered.

mike nodded. "i wont.."

mike met eyes with will and smiled. will smiled back, relieved that mike would keep it private.

"hey is everything okay??" el interrupted as she started coming downstairs. "you both left so abruptly, everyone is so worried about you two."

"yeah everything's fine will just got a little freaked out by the movie, thats all." he gave el a look of reassurance. mike removed his hand from will and turned his focus on el.

the shift of attention hurt, how fast mikes affection could switch from him to el was abrupt. it left will with an empty feeling, as if he had lost a piece of himself. but will only felt selfish for feeling this way. he didnt want to take away els happiness, so he buried his feelings.

"oh alright, you okay will?" el questioned, detaching will from his thoughts.

"y-yeah, yeah im feeling a lot better now." he stammered.

...

tw: blood

will woke up, the pain from his neck was unbearable. will will tried to fall back asleep but was unable to. he tried for hours but still had no luck. he eventually gave up and decided to see what was causing the pain.

will stood up and headed over to the bathroom. once he entered the bathroom he turned on the light and took a look in mirror.

when he looked in the mirror he saw the exact reason why his neck was hurting so badly.

blood soaked his shirt, pooling from the back of his neck. some was smeared on his neck, likely from him moving around so much.

will stared in shock.

after a few moments he washed his hand then felt the back of his neck to see what was going on. it felt like a normal wound but something was off. the middle was smooth and hard and he couldn't feel anything when he touched it, something was inside of the wound.

will grabbed the item and began to pull on it. will clenched his teeth, the pain was awful but he continued to pull it until it came out.

the dropped the item on the counter then grabbed a towel from the cabinet. he pressed the towel against the wound to stop the blood flow. he grabbed a bandage and some medication from the cabinet and began bandaging the wound, he took the meds after he finished.

once he dealt with the wound he focused on the small object he pulled out of it.

it was small, red, and pill shaped. it seemed to have some sort of electronics stored inside of it.

will stared at the object in confusion.

why was this thing in my neck?!

will didn't get it, this entire day had been confusing. will was exhausted and just wanted it to be over, so he cleaned up the mess and headed back to bed.

but before he went back to sleep he put the object into a plastic baggie and hid it in one of his bags.