𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 | 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐛 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

𝐈 felt a sharp spark within me as my eyelids slammed open. As various scenarios flash through my mind in a theatre-like montage, my head intensely throbs in continuous punches of pain. However, something peculiar tingled my senses; unique and foreign memories rushed into my headspace like a flowing river. Voices echo and layer on top of each other until a ray of brilliant light blinds my vision; clearing the memories away.

"Aaah!" I gasped for air as I then tried to catch my breath, immediately sitting up. At that moment a sharp sting was felt on my chest, my heart pounds against my chest like it was about to burst.

         Faint memories flashed in my mind like images once again.

          A loud bang echoed as loud as a gunshot as a sharp sting of pain, shattered through my whole body like the roots of a growing tree. There was a pool of blood, drenching a copper-colored bullet whole; splattered on the floor as layers of screams and ambulance sirens rushed around until a specific voice could be heard the clearest.

"Y/n! Hang in there! Y/n L/n! Please... don't die on me"

Isn't that my... name? Why is that voice so familiar?

A blurred image of inside an ambulance with doctors and nurses all around me, determined eyes staring intensely at me while a pair of ruby-like orbs weeping tears as clear as crystals stood out the most until my vision dissolved all black, and a long, continuous beep sound ringed my ear. A doctor then silently wept.

"Y/n L/n has died on the 21 of July, at 1:21 pm."

✦ ✦ ✦

          Soon, the pain faded away as I was dripping in cold sweat, panting as if I just finished a marathon. I gained my vision of what's around my current state once more.

It was another memory but this time, it was something I've never remembered. It was a girl—she looked so familiar with her hair was lushing in a rose-gold hue, not only her appearance was familiar but her name was also vaguely familiar but it just doesn't ring a bell for me...

"Clarisse Levainque...?"

✦ ✦ ✦

          The unusual surroundings left me stunned; A luxurious room that seems to be a bedroom with gold linings and finishes on every piece of furniture glistening to the sunlight shimmering from the window was a sight to see. Glancing down, a thin yet simple sky blue nightgown was clothed on me as I noticed that my hair was unusual. It was shimmering in a rusted tint of pink, like metallic rose petals. "This hair..." I gasped as I  lost my words. My heart instantly dropped as I panicked out of bed, stumbling as if an earthquake was happening onto what I thought was a vanity, decorated with glittering sapphires and rubies. It was exactly like hers. 'Clarisse's'

"Pfft—This is a dream..." I scoffed at myself but somehow, this "dream" I'm having feels so... real. From the silkiness of the dress, the warmth of the window from the sunlight to the texture of the lushing hair—it felt too real for it to simply be just a dream. "Dang, I must've read too much manga..." I mumbled to myself, fiddling with the long strands of hair.

"—Good morning, Clarisse," A voice echoed from the mirror while a ripple was seen in it.

"T-T-The m-mirror... talked!?" I exclaimed as I felt goosebumps all over my body. "No... someone must be here...?" I told that to myself as I swished my head from left to right.