𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 | 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

Previously...

...My eyes flashed open wide as I froze in my spot, snapping back to reality once again. Our eyes were into each other's; I could even feel myself lost in that euphoric ruby-red eyes. At that moment, I then realized that the proximity between my face and Clyde's was so close... way too close.

"A-Ah... I apologize, your majesty" I backed myself down, sitting back into my seat as I frantically dropped sugar cubes into my tea out of embarrassment. "It's f-fine." he stuttered, his face tinted a much more stronger hue of pinks and reds. "Nonetheless, I heard your magic is quite strong; even stronger than your father's..." Clyde changed the subject. "Yeah... uhm..."

Magic. This is a hard topic.

The use of magic has been prohibited ever since the 1920's—the roaring 20's. The revolution was thriving but it created discrimination against people who were born with magic and those with none.

All churches, cathedrals, libraries and even people who were related to magic were burned alive; all aspects of magic were gone without a trace of it left.

But this is the time period before all that happened... when magic still flourished

"Hahaha, t-thank you..." I nervously chuckled as I then sipped my tea, looking away from those ruby orbs that seemed to pain my heart every time I laid eyes on them.

I seem to remember you as "Storm" but as much as I felt that way, I don't even know myself other than my name. How did I even get here? 

"Your majesty!" a guard cried out from behind as we both turned to face the panting man. "I-It's your brother sir! He's gone bizarre with his wind magic again! No guard and even his eldest majesty seems to be able to stop him!" he cried out as Clyde then immediately stood up.

"I highly apologize for this, I shall find another meeting time with you as fast as possible" and with that, Clyde then ran along with his guard as I was alone in the patio. "That was... quick"

I then returned to my room, slumping on the bed as a sudden voice greets me. "Hi Clarisse!" it exclaimed as I jumped in shock. "Geez!" I groaned as I glared into the mirror. Right. I forgot that it talks.

"W-what is it..." I stuttered hesitantly, but the mirror remained silent. The pause was eerie as much as he silence was loud.

"You're... not Clarisse aren't you?"

The words rang within my head like a ringing bell, how did it know?

"W-What are you talking about...?" I stuttered as the mirror sighed.

"The plan already started..." the mirror whispered as I was left confused. "What... plan?" I questioned, but the mirror was silent.

"You'll discover it soon" it replied as its ripples faded away. I then made my way to the vanity, sitting on the chair as I looked at my reflection; still wondering what on earth the mirror was talking about. Soon, I then found a small tiny box around the corner of the vanity, the box was in a navy blue shade. It looked more simpler than the other things Clarisse seemed to have in her room, considering all was elaborated with rose gold accents

Opening it, I then found a small notebook. It was the size of my palm, the papers looked quite new and only some of the pages looked crumpled. Curiously, I was about to flickered the pages open until a knock was heard on my door.

The brown mahogany door revealed my mother, her soft amethyst-like eyes glimmered along with the shimmer of her ebony dark hair. I quickly shut the note book as I slid it away from the vanity.

"Sweetie... I heard Prince Clyde left you... Is he... alright?"

"Oh... He's alright. He left for an urgent business and said to arrange another meeting as soon as possible later." I replied simply.

"Alright then, I am glad that you're alright." she softly held my hand, her warm touch created sparkles within me; it felt so comforting.

Suddenly, her eyes shook wide open, I could see her eyebrow twitch in a flash.

"Clarisse, your magic is... gone?"