1 - Heartbreak

Hurt. That's all she felt. She couldn't believe her eyes, yet, it didn't surprise her considering how he truly was. Still, it left a mark that hurt her.

"You fucking asshole!" She shouted, the anger pouring out of her as she threw whatever was closest to her.

"Courtney, I...I thought you were going to be gone tonight!" He defended, covering himself up as if to hide what was already so painfully obvious.

"I don't want to hear your fucking excuses! I'm out of here!" She walked out, leaving her cheating boyfriend and his mistress alone in their apartment. She had nowhere else to go, she stood in the rain with no other plan. She was lost.

"Courtney? What's wrong?" Olivia's voice came through the receiver, concern in her voice. She couldn't speak, she kept getting choked up. Her eyes were drenched in tears and rain.

"I-I...I need...I..." Is all she could say before Olivia took initiative.

"Where are you!? I'll come get you!"

Courtney could hear her jump up and rush in the background, knowing fully what Olivia was doing now. Minutes later, she showed up outside of Courtney's apartment complex and rushed to wrap her in her arms.

"Come on, let's go back to my place, okay?" She mumbled into her ear. They returned to Olivia's apartment and sat together on her couch. Sam was out filming for the Goldbergs as was Shayne, Courtney's first choice when it came to comfort. "What happened?"

"I...he...he cheated on me..." She managed to choke out before Olivia jumped ahead and hugged her once again.

"Courtney, oh my god, I'm so sorry," she rubbed her hand up and down her back, sympathy in her voice. "I knew that dick was trouble. You didn't deserve this, Courtney. You so didn't."

"I know he had his problems," she admitted. It was true, he wasn't even supportive of her career choice with Smosh. "But...I loved him. He was the one I thought I'd end up with in the end. Olivia...I...I don't even know what to..."

"I know...I know," she nodded. Courtney couldn't help but cry harder, squeezing her friend tighter than before. They sat that way for what felt like hours until Courtney was able to calm down and talk more.

"I'm sorry I ruined your evening alone," she sniffed, wiping the remaining tears from her eyes.

"No, hey, you ruined nothing," she assured her. "There's nothing I want to do more than to make sure my best friend is okay. I'm, if anything, glad you came to me."

"I'm glad you were here. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't."

"Hey, have you eaten anything yet?" Olivia asked, grabbing her phone from her back pocket. "I was going to order something. Anything you want, my treat."

"Thank you, Olivia. Seriously."

"Anything for you, Court."

They spent the rest of the night together eating food and talking about whatever gossip Olivia had to share. It was the first time that night that Courtney felt somewhat sane.

Her boyfriend, or her now ex-boyfriend, she had been dating for almost two and a half years. They had a special dynamic that she hadn't seen in a partner before though only having one real relationship before it she had nothing to compare it to. They were almost like the ultimate power couple. At least, it was that way on the outside. They had constant arguments that ultimately ended up in her being the loser. She knew he wasn't perfect but she wanted to badly to make things work. Now that she's discovered that he cheated on her, their relationship couldn't work anymore.

She returned to work Monday morning, everyone showing sympathy towards her as she explained her sadness to them upon question. Possibly the most sympathetic towards her was her masculine, muscly, crazy boy. She had never seen such a serious upset and caring look in his eyes. He knew how much her ex meant to her, he knew everything. She told him everything, more than she told even her best girlfriend. They were close like that.

"Courtney?" The boy himself moved his gaze from his laptop to the blonde sitting across from him. She met his eyes, instantly feeling the sympathy in them. "Hey, how are you doing?"

"I'm...doing," she shrugged. "You don't have to worry about me, Shayne. I know you have been all morning. I'll get through this like I always do."

"I know you can, I just..." He paused trying to figure out his next words. "I want you to know that I'll be here for you if you ever need me. I'm...I'm not going to let you go through something so terrible by yourself..."

"You're too sweet, Shayne."

She wouldn't admit it but she did love his concern. It made her happy that he truly cared about her, much different from his online personality. He was crazy and stupid at times, but he was a caring and kind person at heart. That's what she liked about him.

"If anything ever comes up, I'll make sure to let you know," she said. His kindness prompted the first genuine smile she had since that day. Up until then, all she could do was give everyone fake smiles and tell them she was okay even if she wasn't. He smiled too, feeling good that he was able to make her smile in that moment. He knew she needed to smile and, because of his personality, he knew what to do.

"Hey, you guys," Ian appeared behind Shayne prompting the two blondes to look in his direction. "How are you doing, Court?"

"I'm alright," she gently moved the top of her laptop until it was almost shut but not quite. Shayne glanced over at her noting the change in her answer, smiling gently at the fact that it was better.

"Good to see you're doing better," her boss said with a caring smile. "You need a break from all this work stuff? We were thinking of having a small Smosh party this weekend if you're feeling up to it."

"I could definitely use some time with my Smosh family," she said. "It sounds like a fun time."

"Of course, you don't have to come if you don't feel up to it when the day comes," he moved over and placed his hand on her shoulder. "No pressure or anything."

"Thank you, Ian. I appreciate it."

"Anything for my children," he chuckled lightly as he hugged her. She knew it was a good idea to come to work today because she knew everyone would be there to comfort her. Everyone was there for her whether she knew it or not and she didn't complain one bit. They were her second family, they have been for the seven years of Smosh she had been through. It was thanks to them that she knew everything would be okay.