⋆↟•─────⋅☾³⁴☽⋅─────•↟⋆

Blaire

My eyes pry themselves open, and immediately as I gain consciousness, I feel this throbbing pain in my head like someone's been knocking on it with a metal fist.

I groan, sitting up, but my body feels beaten up. My hand goes to my head as I look around the unfamiliar place. It's so far from quiet here. I focus on the sounds of tires screeching against the asphalt outside, I could just tell how thin these walls are. Birds are chirping and dogs barking in the distance. I feel bad for whoever lives here. A quiet time must be a dream for them.

This place is nice, though. The white walls with the ceiling designs indicate that whoever lives here is pretty well off. It has grey flame prints on the ceiling. It doesn't look as tacky as I would've imagined if I hadn't seen it. The grey flames are spread all the way across the room, swirling and coming back to fill the blank spaces in the drop ceiling.

The lights are white and are concealed in the drop ceiling, giving the room a soft lit lighting. I realized I'm in a bedroom, a masculine scent is heavily noticeable in it. Not in a nice way, I feel like I'm choking. Also in a bad way.

I stand up from the bed, feeling my legs funny and weak. I notice the short, white nightstand next to the bed with a framed photo on it with the football team in it. Jake's team.

That's when it clicks in.

Immediately, I search my pockets for my phone, realizing I no longer have Levi's button downs on me anymore. My stomach dips. My phone isn't in my pocket, nor is anything on me. It's a good thing he left me with clothes on with the way i don't even have the tissues I had in my pocket anymore. I wouldn't have been surprised if he kept it as a souvenir.

"That son of a bisector." I mutter, running up to the door whilst my head is still spinning. I nearly collapse but i use the door to keep me up. I try twisting the doorknob a few times, wanting out of here. It won't budge. I try again, panic creeping it's way inside of me.

I knock on it furiously, the other hand grabbing my head in pain. "Jake!" I try to call out his name but my voice squeaks. I don't give up, though. "Jake! Open the door before I break every single item in this damn room, you bastard!" I shout, still knocking. My hand starts to hurt and my knuckles are now angry red, so I start using my palm, thankfully, the slap on the door is much, much louder and conveys just how much stress I'm feeling. "Jake!"

I don't hear anything from the other side though, like he isn't here.

I put my ear against the wooden surface, trying to hear anything that indicates someone is in the house. But the noises from outside are making it a lot harder to hear even my own breathing. I do notice that the pounding in my head lessened, which was definitely quite the relief on my part. I back away from the door, trying to anticipate what could possibly happen if I didn't get out of here.

It's dark outside. The light from the window is very dim. Why are the lights off? It's freakishly dark in here thanks to the-

That's when I realize there's a window.

I cross the room, looking outside the window. Thrill washes a bit of my worry away when I see the ground isn't far at all from the window. Five feet or so. Though there's a hedge right under the window. Maybe that could soften the impact if I were to fall. I try to open the window but it's locked. Luckily, I have the same wicked window at home, so I know just the trick to crack it open.

I unlock it effortless, pushing the window upward whilst grunting the whole time. I turn around and look around the room for something that can help me go home. I see a baseball bat and my eyes furrow. He doesn't even play baseball.