Old Faces

Erin opened their eyes, flying upright on the tiny bed. They darted their sleep-covered eyes to the alarm clock. Nearly an hour before school. They lied back, sighing in relief. Then, they immediately pulled out their phone, scrolling through Tiktok.

Erin just wanted to shrivel up into a ball, climb under their covers and die right about now. They walked to the bathroom, brushed their teeth and dumped an entire bottle of hair gel to keep their curly hair curls in place.

Once they'd got dressed, they left for school. The timetable was fairly boring, English, Maths, History, whatever. Erin nearly collapsed at their locker, the oven-like air washing over them like a firestorm. They looked to their left, just to avoid the boiling wind... but then they saw someone they never thought that they'd ever see again.

Erin almost screamed in surprise, shock and worry plastering their face. "Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way?!" Ebony had her signature black hair with purple streaks and red highlights and her crystal-blue eyes that looked like teardrops. She almost looked like Amy Lee according to the goth club, whoever that is. She had the palest skin they've ever seen and a black corset with matching lace around it and a black leather miniskirt, pink fishnets and black combat boots. She had jet black lipstick, even paler foundation and a contrasting black eyeliner with red eyeshadow.

Ebony looked over, grinning happily. "Erin? Is that you? I swear you moved schools!" 

Erin immediately felt red rushing to their cheeks and they started to look like a tomato. "Well, I did for a month, but I had to move back here."

The bell started loudly ringing again, so loud that it sounded like a megaphone in their ears. Erin turned, waving back to Ebony.

"Sorry, can't be late for Maths. See ya at lunch!"

Erin almost spun with the amount they just wanted to be away from her. Ebony was the fakest person that they'd ever met. She still thinks that Erin doesn't know she's the person who spread all the rumours about them, and she still has the gall to pretend she's still their friend. Bitch. Erin softened the furious expression on their face, bumping into some random guy before entering the same toilet block. They then locked herself in the nearest stall to just... breathe.  Renewed and calmed, they left and continued toward Maths. Little did Erin know, a camera had flashed the very moment they entered and the football player had entered and left.