Secrets revealed

Lyla Mitchell POV

"Boy, this is great!"

"Guys, look, it's the North Stars."

"Oh man! It's Mike Modano!" Jesse exclaimed as we walked into the rink, practically bubbling with excitement. The North Stars we're skating on the ice in front of us as we watched in aw.

"This place is humongous." Connie exclaimed, as I agreed. Me and Adam were standing beside each other, as I looked over and saw his mouth practically on the floor. I laughed and closed it for him as he chuckled at my action.

"What are we doing here?" Charlie asked Bombay as he spoke up.

"It's a little play-offs present." He said, smiling as the North Stars started exiting off the ice. Now it was mine turn to drop my jaw in shock, as I high fived all the players. Adam chuckled and closed it for me, too.

"Hey Gordo! Gordon Bombay, right?" A player asked as he stopped practically right in front of me.

"You remember me?"

"Sure, from pee wees." Mike Modano said, and turned to his other teammate. "This guy used to rule in pee wees."

"I heard you were a farmer." The other teammate said, looking at Bombay.

Bombay chuckled and said, "actually, I became a lawyer. But I'm coaching pee wee now, and this is my team, the ducks." He motioned to us as everyone stared, still in shock from the two famous players standing in front of them.

"Ducks, this is Basil McRae and Mike Modano." Bombay said, as we already knew who they were. He was met with sarcastic remarks and rhetorical answers. Bombay chuckle at the ducks as Mike Modano spoke.

"Hey, ducks. Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about." He turned to Bombay. "If you ever want a shot, I'll get you a tryout in the minor-leagues clubs."

"Thanks."

"No problem. Hey, nice seein' ya." They we're about to walk away until Mike saw me and Adam with sparks in our eyes, grinning from ear to ear as he spoke to us.

"Hey your Lyla Mitchell and Adam Banks! I love watching you guys play. If you guys stick with hockey, I'm sure you will make it far." He complimented us, and playfully punched my shoulder and walked away. I felt pain shoot up it again, but I was to busy with my mouth and eyes wide opened. We stared at each other in shock as the ducks complained about how they talked to only us. I looked over to my friends and noticed a face in the crowd with a big frown and narrowed eyes. Charlie. Of course, he was obviously jealous. I thought as we went out on the ice.

I was skating around, playing tag with Adam as I saw Connie and guy holding hands skating towards us. I did a silent victory and kept skating around, having the time of my life. The hawks never did anything fun like this, all it was practice, games, practice, and games. It was refreshing having to finally take a break from constant work, and I was starting to like the ducks even better.

We soon took our seats in the stands as the game began. I was sitting on the isle seat next to Adam as we were practically jumping in our seats. I could tell Adam was glad to have some fun too, and I was happy he got along with the ducks a lot better, too.

Soon everyone went crazy as we were featured on the big screen, as it said 'welcome gordon Bombay and the ducks.' we starting yelling and cheering and having the time of our lives. I saw Connie and guy holding hands, again, and I couldn't help but smile. I was sure the smile on my face would never leave, but I was soon made wrong.

I looked over to my left, causing Adam to look over too, and we noticed McGill and Larson chuckling and glaring at us. McGill held out both of his hands and pretended to shoot us with them. I just rolled my eyes and looked away, feeling the fun being drained out of me by the second. Adam looked a little less happy, too, and I felt bad for him as we were all once great friends. Boy, can people change.