Chapter 28: Amy

Hestia was explaining to us how basequest was played. It sounded very fun.

"Abilities will be allowed." she said.

I guess it made sense to use abilities... after all, only Catherine and I didn't have abilities. 

The game started! 

After six rounds, it was still tied. I was very proud of Catherine and myself. Even without abilities, I feel we did pretty well.

We went inside to have dinner.

"Mom. Can we see the ailicorns you talked about. Please! How old did you say he was?" Catherine asked me, pointing to Alden.

Alden overheard us and laughed.

"I don't know my exact age, Catherine, but I'd guess around 200 years old." Alden said.

At that, Catherine's jaw dropped.

Sophie walked up to me and said

"As for the ailicorns, I'll try and get them to come after dinner. I'm sorry, in advance, if it doesn't work. Silveny is very stubborn."

I smiled. Silveny and Greyfell were one of the best things from my visit to the lost cities, a while ago.

 For dinner, we had Elena's favourite: Mallowmelt. It's more of a dessert, but whatever. This is, hopefully, a one-time thing. The adults had fizzleberry wine while the kids had lushberry juice. Catherine had five helpings of mallowmelt and three glasses of lushberry juice. It seems quite obvious that she liked the food.

"Dessert time!" Della said, snapping her fingers.

Platters of desserts appeared in front of us. Catherine gaped at all the dessert piled on plates. Everyone stuffed their faces with custard bursts, mallowmelt, blitzenberry muffins, ripplefluffs, and the other desserts.

We were so full already and the dessert had only half-disappeared. Sophie pulled me to the side.

"Do you want to stay for a few days?" she asked. "Elena is having a sleepover with her friends and would love for Catherine to join."

"Yeah, sure. Why not?" I said.

~~~~~~~~Catherine's POV~~~~~~~~

"Do you want to stay for a sleepover?" someone asked from behind me.

I turned around and saw Elena. She was asking me to have a sleepover!?

"Yes please!" I said excitedly. "As long as my mom's okay with it."

"Your mom said that it was okay!" Elena said with a smile.

Aunt Sophie - or half-aunt, or not-aunt-but-called-aunt-Sophie, I can't keep track- came up to me.

"Do you need anything for the sleepover?" she asked me.

I thought for a second, then nodded.

"Is it fine if I read your mind to see where your stuff is?" she asked.

I squirmed. I didn't want someone in my head! Sophie gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I understand if you don't want me to. I felt the same when I first came to the lost cities. If it helps, I won't look at any other memories."

"No, it's okay." I said.

Sophie put her fingers to my temples and closed her eyes. A few seconds later she removed her fingers.

"That's all." she said, smiling.

"That's all?"

I was surprised when she nodded. Sophie transmitted the images to Elena and Elena conjured my stuff for me.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem." Elena replied. "Let's go. I'll show you the cabin."

I followed Elena to the cabin. We walked inside and saw the sleeping bags were already set up. I dropped my bag down in a corner and set up my sleeping bag. Everybody sat down in their sleeping bags.

"Truth or Dare?" Elena asked.

There were lots of 'yes's', some more hesitant than others.

"You play Truth or Dare?" I asked.

"Yep." a boy to my left said.

"First, I think we should introduce ourselves." a girl to my right suggested. "I'll go first. My name is Hestia. I'm a pyrokinetic, that means I can control fire. My mom is Marella and my dad is Dex. I'm 13 years old."

"We already know this though." another girl said.

"This is for us to get to know Catherine and for her to get to know us." Hestia responded.

Everyone one took turns saying their name, their ability, their parents and their age. Soon, it was my turn.

Q: What do you think Catherine will say for herself?